Author Topic: bonjour is required  (Read 2958 times)

johnnyboy

i think it is since musicbee 3 but I cant be sure. When I launch MB I get an error message saying Bonjour is required for this application and cannot be found. When I click close it takes me to a web site but there are lots of different progs available.  Any help please.

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee itself does not require bonjour. I know bonjour comes with iTunes and is some sort of network protocol.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about it might help or you could try installing iTunes

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you running a plugin related to iTunes?  Like the iPod/iPhone sync plugin?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you sharing your library between MB and iTunes? Bonjour is what Apple/iTunes uses for sharing media libraries. MB didn't install it, iTunes did. As Steven said, MB doesn't need it, so if you're not using iTunes any longer, you can go ahead and uninstall it. I'd love to see a screenshot of the error.

FWIW, I've used every version of MB and I have iTunes installed -and- I have Bonjour installed. I have -never- gotten a message sure as you received.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

johnnyboy

That's my point guys. I don't have bonjour installed and am being asked for it. I used to have it installed and didnt get the message and dont really want it again but if I go to the bonjour website there are 150 programs. If I have to install it which program do I use.
I don't have I tunes and definitely don't want to install it

Thanks

I have done a screen shot but don't know how to upload. I have a png file but forum is asking for a URL
Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:12:59 PM by johnnyboy

phred

• Global Moderator
That's my point guys. I don't have bonjour installed and am being asked for it. I used to have it installed and didnt get the message and dont really want it again but if I go to the bonjour website there are 150 programs. If I have to install it which program do I use.
I don't have I tunes and definitely don't want to install it
I uninstalled Boujour to see what would happen and there's no problem with MB. Actually, there doesn't appear to be a problem with itunes either.

Something you installed put Bonjour on your machine. The big question is why MB is asking for it. Because it shouldn't be. What happens if you install the portable version of MB?

I have done a screen shot but don't know how to upload. I have a png file but forum is asking for a URL
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16499.0
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

johnnyboy

Ok Ive managed to get a link to the screenshot

http://imgur.com/a/uQtDf
Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 06:18:15 PM by johnnyboy

phred

• Global Moderator
What happens if you install the portable version of MB?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki