Author Topic: Tags updated only in musicbee, not the file's mp3tag? How to find which ones  (Read 2232 times)

elra

Hi all

I noticed that when I update the comment field in musicbee's list (not the edit dialog window) sometimes the edit is only saved in musicbee, and not in the file's mp3tag. (I assume this is cause the song was playing at the time of making the edit.) I noticed this when using the same auto-playlist rule using "comment contains" in another program, this program has less songs with the same rule.

Now one solution I can apply is to re-save every file with that comment and hope the change is carried over from musicbee's cache (I guess?) to the file itself, but we're talking thousands of files and thus also messing up the "recently modified" property for all these files (which is a bit of a pain for the media center as I like to see which filesl I've last added).

Is there somehow an other way to identify which files have a setting in musicbee which is not saved yet in the file so I can save them separately?

Further explanation: My files have my name in the comment field, I use autoplaylist rule "comment contains name", in musicbee I have more files than in another program and I've noticed with recent files that some didn't have the comment field updated in MP3TAG so the other music program (my media center) doesn't pick up these files for the playlist.

Hope that's clear and thanks a lot in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
there is no bug i am aware of specifically for comment, but there is a general bug when you edit tags while a song is playing and then you rate the song while that song is still playing.
Thats already fixed if you install the patch version from the first forum topic

The rewrite tags, select the files and then Tools/ Advanced/ Synchronise Tags
Try it on a couple of files first to make sure you are happy with the results