Author Topic: How to get a similar Layout / Presentation in MusicBee v3.x like in v2.5  (Read 3106 times)

tubescreamer

Hi,

I read somewhere that the design in MusicBee 3.0 changed so that some display things are not included anymore
and needs external plugins.

What I liked in v2.5 was the ability to easily click a few tabs to get various information about the currently played song / performer
- Song "Details" including Lyrics
- Last.fm infos
- Fotos
- Wikipedia (DE + EN)
- Youtube
- Songfacts

Could you kindly tell me, what is additionally required in terms of plugins or whatever to be able to get these capabilities back in v3 ?
Here a screenshot how I organized my screen.

Many thanks for some tips.

phred

• Global Moderator
Perhaps you should download the portable version of 3.0. That way you can play with the various options and layouts without changing anything in 2.5. Note that v3 creates it's own settings file (MusicBee3Settings.ini) and doesn't touch the 2.5 settings file (MusicBeeSettings.ini.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

tubescreamer

Perhaps you should download the portable version of 3.0. That way you can play with the various options and layouts without changing anything in 2.5. Note that v3 creates it's own settings file (MusicBee3Settings.ini) and doesn't touch the 2.5 settings file (MusicBeeSettings.ini.)

Thats is a very good idea and it works nicely.

Now I need still a recommendation for a plugin, how I can achieve the functionality, to see the TABs inside of MusicBee like before, I do not want to open wikipedia information by rightclick for every title.

I was very satisfied that things like this happened automatically inside of MusicBee during the playback.

I play guitar to some titles and have no hand free for this.

EDIT: it looks like it is this plugin:

http://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/12/last-fm-similar-artists-tracks/
Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:03:43 AM by tubescreamer

alec.tron

That menu bar is rather nice.
Did you built it yourself ? Or is it part of an existing skin/layout ?
I'm still looking for a way to have quick access to wikipedia/song info/photos/details when needed, but have not found a good way to add them in MB in a way I liked.
Cheers.
c.

tubescreamer

That menu bar is rather nice.
Did you built it yourself ? Or is it part of an existing skin/layout ?
I'm still looking for a way to have quick access to wikipedia/song info/photos/details when needed, but have not found a good way to add them in MB in a way I liked.
Cheers.
c.

Yes I built it myself.

It was a long way for me to get it into exactly this state, as you have to go through many submenues in the differnt settings dialogs until you find, that something like this is possible.

This was a screenshot of MB 2.5. Later versions do not include this automatically.
It shall be able to get this functionality back by using a plugin of the same author.

But I do not get it to work, so I am still stuck on 2.5. See this thread:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20820.0

BTW .. I got the nice tip to install MB 3.x portable version in parallel, to give MB 3.x a try without messing up with my current 2.5.x installation. Maybe this is also something for you shall you have the older version installed, too.

alec.tron

Hey,
I'm on 3.1 latest patch (ish) and I always stick to portable versions anyway ;) , but I would very much like to have a similar 'more info' bar in one of MusicBee's tabs.

If you ever happen to do a skin based on your custom bar, please post it here somewhere! I would grab & try it out immediately ;)
c.

vzell

I'm tagging with picard and define all of the MusicBrainz IDs as custom tags. I have the following custom web links defined

which can then be used to get quick song info down to the track level via MusicBrainz
from the details panel

either via your default browser or inside MB via the web plugin.

tubescreamer

Looks cool. I am starting to test picard now ...

Could you pls copy paste the complete weblink for the Bruce Lyrics, would be kind, the rest of the configuration string is truncated.

There is one problem, I found now how to enable this in the Titleinformation (enabling the weblinks in the Titelinfo display on the lower right was missing).

But it actually does not work, when I click to i.e. "MB Track", then this URL is being opened
https://musicbrainz.org/track/<TrackID>
<TrackID> is not being expanded.

Another thing which might disturb me when using it is, that it opens a separate webbrowser, which then hides the MusicBee window. Thats not so cool.
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:10:20 PM by tubescreamer

Steven

• Administrator
Another thing which might disturb me when using it is, that it opens a separate webbrowser, which then hides the MusicBee window. Thats not so cool.
use the web browser plugin