Author Topic: Possible ? - Conditional custom tag writing (when sending Inbox -> Library) ?  (Read 1637 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
one thing that recently popped up in my mind I would like to do...
I've no used it - but read about it a few times - MusicBee keeps an internal tag for 'Date added', correct ?
I would like to add this to file-metadata, but ONLY IF the field has not been set/written before (as renaming files does happen... so I remove/add the same to MusicBee multiplke times, but I'm only intersted of the date of the first import, no matter the file name).

Can this be done/set up in Musicbee ? If so... how...?
Is there scripting / conditionals (which I havem't come across yet) ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

So, after looking through the documentation, looks like there's a 2-fold problem wiith this.
- 'date added' is handled in MB only as a virtual / internal / database value and can not be written to file metadata. (Can you derive from virtual tag via variable in MB and re-write after the fact maybe ?)
- there is no conditional formatting - the only conditionals I found are for playlists. So having a tag written on action / i.e. when it's send from Inbox -> Library, is not within MB's scope atm.

Is that correct ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Bump - is there really no way to do this in MusicBee ?
i.e. write the database value 'date added' to file metadata automatically when or after it has been set to collection ?
Cheers.
c.