Author Topic: [solved / worked around] View settings for Middle Click filter ?  (Read 1475 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
one of those finer details I have not found.
When middle clicking a field to filter by, it opens a new view in the currently used tab and uses a set-displayed-field setting I have not defined anywhere.
Does anyone know how I could set one of my custom/preferred tracks/columns/set-displayed-field settings to be the default the middle-click sub-tab uses...?

A few cents.
I personally would prefer view settings to be a fluid/easy-to-apply affair, as I only jump between 2 or 3 max that I regularly want to use, but, the need/want to see one over the other can vary spontaneously, and is not tied to specific tabs, and I'd rather have the ability to easly jump between different column view settings from saved files, rather than having static tabs only to keep a given set-displayed-field + sorting/source/filer combination alive as it is rather difficult/unclear/obfuscated when it comes to MB and view/colums/set-displayed-field settings which is my current status-quo...

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:26:07 AM by alec.tron

alec.tron

Heya,
I struggle to see why a 'middle mouse clicked filter' would not use the view setting from the tab that this is opened from but actively change away from it to something different/unwanted...
But since this is the default, is there really no way to control which view settings/custom view is used for the middle-mouse-filter ?
And is there any settings related to this 'middle mouse click' filtering in the preferences ? If there is, where/under what name or tab would these be found ?

Thanks.
c.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When you use the middle click filter, it should use whatever view you have selected for the search results node.  Is that not happening?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

Heya,
no, the filtered view via middle mouse click did display a different set of columns, and the ones that it did share with the main tracks based library view they were in a rather different order. i.e. in all my saved 'custom views', on I have:
Artist | Title | Time | Track # | Album

The view it was presenting me with was beginning with 'album' set as the first column. But, it also had, IF/when middle clicked, a 'note' column as the very first.

After playing with this some more after posting this, turns out IF you apply a previously saved 'Custom View' to the middle-click-opened view once, this will stick and will be used on all future middle-click views as well.

So this is solved / fixed now.

Cheers.
c.