Author Topic: Latest Version vs 3.1  (Read 2286 times)

eddi

• Writer / Music Blog / MusicBee Power User
hey there...

currently i´m running version no version 3.1.6146 and there is still an announcement that there will be a new topic for 3.1 versions.

the latest version update is 3.0.6228 !

so your latest updates all have lower update numbers... bit confusing

will there be a 3.1 update secion soon ?

cheers eddi

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, it's the last 4 numbers that tell you which version is most current.

There are both 3.0 and 3.1 versions available.  If you look around the forum, you will find the link for 3.1.  I know it's in phred's signature.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

El Chapin

That's really confusing to me. So as a newbie trying to convert over from MediaMonkey (because MusicBee sounds more intuitive UI), which should I download? I'm tempted to say 3.0 would be more stable, since 3.1 is a new release -- analogous to sticking with Windows 8.1 instead of upgrading to Windows 10 and waiting until they work the bugs out of Windows 10.

Or is MB 3.1 so much superior or more stable than 3.0?

Thx.

redwing

It's up to what you need. Generally 3.1 has lots of new features and more bug-free than 3.0. Though it's in beta there's almost no chance things would go wrong with it. But of course, always back up your collections regularly.

Leodj

Please I would like somebody to add easy functions while Screensave..., Theater Mode, Main Player.. for example while making the click on the right click display the Update Status for Soacial Network, I t doesnt have It must be manual from main manu screen. Thanks 

boroda

you are wrong, you can setup toolbar buttons for most mb and plugins functions.