Author Topic: Stray TMCL/TIPL tags not allowing tracks to update  (Read 1940 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have updated an entire album with feat. Artists in Picard.  I could see the changes in the tag inspector, but nothing, up to restarting my whole computer, would make them appear in the main panel (first image).

Finally, I dug around a little more in the tag inspector and discovered that there was a Performer (TMCL) tag attached to the file that was not showing up in the Multiple Artist splitter (see below).  Picard did tag the performer tag without a role, so that was correct.  Deleting that tag solved the display artist problem.  However, now when I go into the tag inspector, there are still TMCL and TIPL tags shown - they're just blank.  If I delete them, they reappear as soon as I reload the tag inspector.

Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:57:06 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i guess there are 2 bugs, the first being why the display artist didnt show - for which its probably too late to solve as the file has been edited.
For the TIPL problem, could you send me a zip of the file?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It was easy enough to recreate the problem.  Link sent.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
this will fix the issue with not being able to delete the TIPL field via the tag inspector:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

as to the display artist initially not showing, both files you sent showed the display artist and i couldnt see any reason for them not to show

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, fixing the other issue seems to have fixed the Display Artist issue, so I guess somehow it was the same problem.  Thanks!

I still don't see the TMCL value in the Multiple Artist splitter.  The guest artist shows up, but not the performer.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
for both the files you sent i cannot see any incorrect behavior
both files have: TXXX/Guest Artist and TMCL tags - both those tags have the same artist name. Since both tags have the same artist name there is a conflict and MB is choosing the role of "Guest Artist" over and above the TMCL value which doesnt assign a role (ie. if there was only a TMCL value then MB would have set the role to "Performer")

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Since both tags have the same artist name there is a conflict and MB is choosing the role of "Guest Artist" over and above the TMCL value which doesnt assign a role (ie. if there was only a TMCL value then MB would have set the role to "Performer")

If it has to drop one of them, I'd certainly prefer it keep guest artist.  But why is it a conflict to have the same artist name in two different fields?  Would it still be a conflict if TMCL included a role?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed it so the performer role will be loaded in the case of conflict. So for the files you sent, "Joe Louis Walker" will be added twice - once as a guest artist and again as a performer. You would need to rescan those files when i make the new version available

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
i have changed it so the performer role will be loaded in the case of conflict. So for the files you sent, "Joe Louis Walker" will be added twice - once as a guest artist and again as a performer. You would need to rescan those files when i make the new version available

Great, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)