Author Topic: Interference with audio files  (Read 4360 times)

zar

I would like to use MusicBee to listen to my audio files, but I have a question: does it interfer with the .flac files stored on my hard drive? Is it safe to use MusicBee directly on the original files?

hiccup

Welcome to the forum zar,
As long as you don't fiddle with the default settings, and use MusicBee just to play files, the files will not be altered in any way.

zar

Thank you. And what about tags? Can I use a separate file for new tags written from MusicBee?

hiccup

You can choose to have MusicBee writing tags to it's library file.
I myself have it writing them to the files themselves, so I am not too dependent of that library file in case of re-installs, crashes, etc.

If you choose to use MusicBee not only as a player as you said earlier, but as a feature-rich manager, I would advice you to start experimenting on test folders and files, and see what happens, and if you are happy with that.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
When in doubt, create back-ups.  ;)
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6