Author Topic: Dragging and dropping my files into musicbee causes duplicates. How to solve?  (Read 2076 times)

MooseSpectacles

If I want to add a new song, I drag and drop it from my desktop to musicbee and even though it's a new song added to my library, it duplicates it for some reason. Anyone know of a fix for this?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is the file itself duplicated, or just the entry in MusicBee?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is it possible there is an embedded cue file?  (Look in the tag editor, under the artwork frame, for a button related to cue files.)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

MooseSpectacles

Is it possible there is an embedded cue file?  (Look in the tag editor, under the artwork frame, for a button related to cue files.)
Unfortunately I see no such thing.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Last question I have for now: are they persistent?  I mean, if you restart MusicBee do you still have duplicates?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

MooseSpectacles

Last question I have for now: are they persistent?  I mean, if you restart MusicBee do you still have duplicates?

Yeah, it keeps happening. If it helps, I can take a screenshot of my library organization settings.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, it keeps happening. If it helps, I can take a screenshot of my library organization settings.

Actually, it would be most helpful if you could take screenshots of the properties (showing filename, etc) and main page of the tag editor for two of the duplicated tracks.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

MooseSpectacles

Actually, it would be most helpful if you could take screenshots of the properties (showing filename, etc) and main page of the tag editor for two of the duplicated tracks.

I actually think I figured it out, thanks to you. I realized that I had 'auto-organize media files' as well as 'continuously monitor' selected, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they both directed to the same folder, but oddly enough, in different ways of getting there.

I use Google Drive, so I think that's what messed it all up and confused everything. I directed 'auto-organize media files' to C:\Users\User1\Google Drive\Music\ BUT 'continuously monitor' was directed to \\PC\Users\User1\Google Drive\Music\ and even though they were both directing to the same folder, for some reason everything duplicated like they were two different folders.

All I can say is thank you, because it's been driving me crazy for a while now. I just hope this is actually resolved.