Author Topic: Faulty Windows Search after editing artwork with MusicBee  (Read 2369 times)

trombonedani

Hey all,

when I change the artwork from a music file with musicbee (right click on current playing title -> edit -> right click on artwrok -> search internet -> select one -> choose "embed the picture in the music file" -> OK), there is a problem with the windows explorer. When I use the windows search in the music folder, there is displayed the file  name but the "title" and "artist" boxes are empty.
But when I scroll down instead of using the search box, everything is ok.

Does anybody else have this problem or can help me, please? It's really annoying!

Thank you in advance,
Daniel

-------------------

P.S.: Please ignore my English mistakes  ;)
Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 09:23:26 PM by trombonedani

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
What's the file extension and what version of Windows are you using? I suspect when you embed the artwork and MB writes the new metadata to the file that Windows can no longer properly parse it.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What's the file extension and what version of Windows are you using? I suspect when you embed the artwork and MB writes the new metadata to the file that Windows can no longer properly parse it.

Specifically, one thing that may be the issue is that Windows doesn't read ID3v2.4 tags, only 2.3.  Check your settings in Tags (1).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

trombonedani

I use .mp3 and I have Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

trombonedani

Specifically, one thing that may be the issue is that Windows doesn't read ID3v2.4 tags, only 2.3.  Check your settings in Tags (1).

The settings are:

save mp3 tags as: ID3v2.3, tick in "also save ID3v1 tags" box
also ticks at "use UTF-8 for WAVE files"
and "store ratings in the music file"

and at "artwork storage" is a tick at "embed picture in the music file"

Steven

• Administrator
The settings look ok. You can easily check whether its MusicBee or Windows at fault by using another application to view the artwork in the problem music files eg. MP3tag
If you still think MB is at fault, could you PM me a link to one of the files

Steven

• Administrator
Everything is fine with the file you sent. The tags and picture load correctly in mp3Tag and MusicBee, its using id3v2 tags which windows can handle and shows the tag fields in windows explorer.
I wont spend any more time on this issue

trombonedani

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
My tags are parsed just fine by Windows 7. I wonder if your embedded cover art might be throwing off Windows.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6