Author Topic: Is there a way to exclude certain files from being added to the library?  (Read 3221 times)

logarus

I happen to have audio files from audiobooks and tutorials etc in my folder which I use as my musicbee library.
I keep it all in one place for seeding in uTorrent so its not as easy as moving the files to another folder.
Any ideas?

x-posted from my reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/musicbee/comments/5naijr/is_there_a_way_to_exclude_certain_files_from/

hiccup

Not sure that I understand exactly what you are doing.

Do you mean that you have one folder that contains all the audio files from your library, that you have that folder auto-monitored, and that you also share all contents of that folder through utorrent?

logarus

I have one folder with all of my files seeded through uTorrent - this includes all audio files (music, audiobooks, tutorials, misc).

This folder isn't auto-monitored, but I select 'Scan folder for new files' every now and then to add new music I have downloaded to my MusicBee library.

The problem I have is that all non-music audio files are being added when I use 'Scan folder for new files', where ideally I want the non-music files to be excluded.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can exclude files by folder, or by file type.  There's no way to exclude individual files.  But you could put them in Audiobooks to get them out of the way?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
This stems from using your torrent folder as your music library. You'll need to split your files into separate folders then only scan the folders you want added to your library.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

logarus

You can exclude files by folder, or by file type.  There's no way to exclude individual files.  But you could put them in Audiobooks to get them out of the way?
Perfect! I'll move them to audiobooks.

Thankyou all for your help.