Author Topic: Mediamonkey to MusicBee > Problem with semicolon ";" not recongnized  (Read 1589 times)

happymike

Hello,

I just imported my music collection from Mediamonkey to Musicbee.

My main major trouble is that all multiples tags (artists,genre,...) of my collection was splitted using semicolons ";" on Mediamonkey...

... And it seems that MusicBee don't recognize semicolons because all of these was replaced by a slash "/" after importing my music on it.
... And it also seems that "/" are not considered by MusicBee as a split delimiter.

I found that it is possible to split by a menu but it would take too long time to apply this to all the collection for each of my "splitted artists" albums.

Is a solution exist to solve this problematic ?

Thanks a lot.
Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:02:16 PM by happymike

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's a Search and Replace function in the Tools menu that you could use to replace all the / with ;.  MusicBee does in fact use ";" as a tag separator, but Media Monkey must have been using some special formatting.  You may need to rescan your files once the semicolon is there, before MusicBee will treat it as a separator rather than part of a string.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Phaedrus

Be mindful of artists with a "/" in the name, like "AC/DC." Fortunately it was an easy fix using the same tool and method.
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear