Author Topic: "Artist pictures" visual glitch  (Read 2917 times)

Twlf

http://i.imgur.com/PhgNMDz.png

Whenever I start MB, the Artist Pictures element functions as a sort of transparent window showing the app underneath. If I position a panel over it, or right click near it, it leaves marks.

I'm not sure what caused it, but it happened some time ago when I was configuring my layout. I tried moving it from the Right Main Panel to the sidebars, but it doesn't change anything. Other graphic elements (Cover) work fine.

Resizing the sidebar by 1px fixes it temporarily (until next restart). I can PM settings .ini if it will be of help.

Steven

• Administrator

Twlf

Settings sent, bumping the thread just to add that it's a Portable install, in case it matters. Win7 x64, classic theme.

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce the reported issue using your settings file, although i have fixed the issue with the artist visualiser you separately reported.
I suspect it might be the skin you are using, so could you try using the musicbee default skin

Twlf

Nope, doesn't help, I tried all the skins.

Since it's a portable install, I believe I can just try another one in a different folder, and see if I can reproduce this going from clean slate.

IIRC this was a 3.0 if not pre-3.0 portable that I kept incrementally replacing files as patches would come out, could be some conflicts.
Or just incompatibility with anything on my system.

Twlf

K, so I made a clean portable install (latest 3.0 + latest 3.1 patch), copied my MusicBee3Settings.ini, and with only that, it started happening again.

Then I spent some time messing around, toggling settings, rearranging stuff, and it turns out it fixes itself if I remove either Lyrics & Bio, or Sidebar player, depending on whether the Artist Pictures element is in the Right Main Panel or Right Sidebar.

But when I try reproducing the same layout and menu settings on another fresh install + default settings, it works fine.

So I figured it must be something else in the Settings.ini. I opened the default/custom settings side-by-side in WinMerge and kept overwriting my settings until it fixes.

The culprit?

Line 1362:

<FormSize>
 <Width>1058</Width>
 <Height>348</Height>
</FormSize>

Replacing it with the default:

<FormSize>
 <Width>1600</Width>
 <Height>940</Height>
</FormSize>

fixed everything, regardless of where I place the element.

Steven

• Administrator
it sounds entirely plausible to me its related to the size of the musicbee window but using that setting on the settings file you sent still works fine for me. Does it still fail if you dont have musicbee maximised when starting?

Twlf

Yeah, seems it doesn't occur on every system.

Just reverted the .ini change to test this, and when I restart it in windowed mode, I... can't see it because it got covered by stuff. :s

I think I'm seeing some patterns now, I know when it will happen.

Eg., if the windowed FormSize is such that the size of the Artist Pictures element will be equal to whatever size it is when the form is fullscreen, then no glitch will happen, even if I restart it in full mode (just tried).

If I resize the window (make it smaller) so that it resizes the Artist Pictures element, part of it gets obscured by the element below it (Track Information's cover).
It's the obscured part that ends up showing glitched.

Few pics to illustrate:

1. Fullscreen, all working fine. Artist pictures on the upper-right. http://imgur.com/GDCFhIg
2. Going windowed and resizing. Notice how the artist photo got obscured and only their heads are visible. http://imgur.com/2KNUoY1
3. I switch to fullscreen, and restart MB. When it opens, the obscured region of the image is now transparent and displaying a still of the window that was underneath (web browser), the unobscured portion of the image is displayed fine. http://imgur.com/2Qzp8xZ

Guess I got my solution now, your reply clarified it a bit for me. Too much information on my screen to ever use windowed mode so I never noticed this, now I know to keep it at the right size.