Author Topic: [Solved] Missing Files - 'Remove From Collection ?' functionality trigger ?  (Read 4179 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
here's a 2 part question regarding the functionality when MB detects missing files and a pop up appears, asking if the files should be removed from the collection:
- IF one clicks No/Don't Remove here, the pop up for the same files never re-appears. I've tried scanning for new files as well as re-read tags - I just wanted to check something before confirming the remove...and I would have expected a rescan/re-open of MB would flag the same files again, alas, MB seems to ignore/flag files that once have gotten the 'Remove From Collection ?' answered with no...

Now with:
   - (!) being not sortable in tracks/file view (-> http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18768.msg112992#msg112992 )
   - and a rescan not picking up the missing files anymore once removal question is answered with no (by design I assume...?)
How do I find the files again ? (ideally withouth scrolling through 35k files to find them by hand visually)

Anyone got any tips ?
Is there a way to re-trigger the missing-file scan/pop-up ?
Or better yet, is there plans now to make (!) sortable maybe ?

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:18:51 AM by alec.tron

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does the "show dead file links" command in the tools menu find them for you?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

Heya,
thanks for the pointer! (as I had some difficulties finding it, I'll document it for others with the same issue, it's in:)
Tools -> Tagging Tools -> Other 'Files To Edit' Filters ->  Show Dead Links
is the current menu structure where the functionality lives.

Cheers.
c.