Author Topic: Help with title fixing, and change default behavior of the defaults manager.  (Read 978 times)

Phaedrus

As I've covered in previous posts, I have some duplication in my library. As far as I'm concerned these are legitimate duplicates and I don't want to remove them. Drive space is cheap.

My problem is that auto-tagging from multiple sources has left me with some titles which are similar, but not duplicates. Prime example is Phil Collins "A Groovy Kind of Love." The proper title is "A Groovy Kind of Love," but I have it listed on one album as the improper "Groovy Kind of Love." I'm looking for a way to locate duplicates of this nature, so I can sort through and fix the improper ones. Titles with Parenthesis are the worst offenders, but compilations are a close second.

I'm looking for some assistance figuring out how to approach configuring a fuzzy search based on titles, so I can generate a list of tracks which are "Fuzzy" duplicates.

My other question is how do I set the default behavior of the Duplicate Manager. I would like it to default to "Save to Playlist," and not "Delete."
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear