Author Topic: Musicbeelibrary.mbl file is corrupted  (Read 3972 times)

choop

Opening up musicbee I just got this error message saying the musicbeelibrary.mbl file is corrupted and that the recommended step is to delete that file and the .bak file.
I tried that and then upon opening it asks me to select a library file. After deleting my library file the only one left to select is the latest musicbeelibrary_corrupted....mbl file. That brings the musicbee window up to my last playing song and non-auto-playlists still show songs but otherwise the library is empty and clicking on music does not bring up anything.

Please help

redwing

I just got this error message saying the musicbeelibrary.mbl file is corrupted and that the recommended step is to delete that file and the .bak file.

Really? I've never seen such a message, but I'm surprised if it recommended to delete the backup file as well. Then unless you made a backup for the database file (in that case, use the backup file instead of the current one), probably you will need to start from scratch to rebuild your library after deleting the corrupted database file.

metabaron

I just got the same error. :(

I was playing some music and it stopped in the middle of the song and started repeating the same passage over and over like a broken record. It appears the file was corrupted:
2016-10-26 8:17:42 PM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.0.6095.40208 - #=q9NoIkdus9EYoji8evKH5qK2Z_7vbZ6DcjgBovuU3eklRFOet1tJ29yL4LNYLZOm_: Exception of type '#=q9NoIkdus9EYoji8evKH5qK2Z_7vbZ6DcjgBovuU3eklRFOet1tJ29yL4LNYLZOm_' was thrown.
   at #=qibuuhnOY_erc5gWk_GoAcXoyqv5PUcFo2wZAFfOXAqY=.#=qF9IvYIBqAJ7gIf7AKBUyQg==(Boolean #=qs47_e81UatG6xCmpe$eZHA==, #=qOwCCbnzHdvZLPlORL_dHm6eRKiVKLiTizRfldm3voU8= #=q$8onxDAHebDfzZpsww1rZg==, Int32 #=qR3tzhWz8AdDgqH3HWI_wFaqEAfZqiXyJJ4HjgvCZI64=)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qI0JtIa_ed7Zcs4$rm_Hhpw==(Boolean #=qGLDC6A80n23XwlZ6AXyUkQ==)
   at MusicBee.Media.PlayManager.#=qgOEXUHyxR6HsuiShmQZOSw==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qHN70jhiZP8ymDhJ3XOhy1Q==.#=qlPPlW0J4E9aWn7kFcEjBQQ==(CloseReason #=qQH6QvjoAeDqwLdYC67zIsA==)

2016-10-26 8:18:09 PM - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.0.6095.40208 - System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
   at #=q0PenxitTKo_2h3Zloo8Dio8DxTLq8ThD4vlefpAcqH8=.#=qxJqnbwgirY9KpLjQFEEvxklEOIPmDR8UHE0QtVKN6eI=.#=q2tHNMWVy35PnL4eKGR5aVg==(FileStream #=q5LB7oY7TJXCzAVfKmeIoWw==)
   at #=q0PenxitTKo_2h3Zloo8Dio8DxTLq8ThD4vlefpAcqH8=.#=qyiOU4_IfS3NJk1_kKgiwQtiAU_xe$HoCCGxkys9rvgg=.#=qfAeWcAvsHA6bXe13nKlMVA==(#=qlR9pmQgi$PqHNjqUmI_tYw== #=qEOfmVbGUf1mR6qLcN63UuQ==)

Now when I open the MusicBee I get the same error as the original poster above. I don't think one corrupted file should bring the whole library down and the backup of the library should be more or less automatic. Not sure what to do as the library is quite big.

redwing

Did you try launching MB with .bak file instead after changing its extension to .mbl?

metabaron

There is no *.bak file :(
The only thing I have is MusicBeeLibrary.mbl and MusicBeeLibrary_corrupted_20161027121809.mbl
I tried both files - if I try the regular MusicBeeLibrary.mbl I get the popup suggested to remove the mbl and bak file. If I try the corrupted file I only get to see the last song played.
I played that song with Windows Media Player and it was successful playing it, so it appears that music file is not corrupted

redwing

Then my only suggestion is use your own backup file in case you made it before, otherwise wait to see if Steven has any suggestions.

mountmccabe

I got the same error. I did as directed, then I had to create a new library. It found my music files, but they only got as far as the inbox. I can't play them, I can't do anything with them.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I got the same error. I did as directed, then I had to create a new library. It found my music files, but they only got as far as the inbox. I can't play them, I can't do anything with them.

What happens when you try to play them from the inbox?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6