Author Topic: Don't Display Videos In Library  (Read 3615 times)

Dypsis

I have some video files inside some folders within my music collection, but I do NOT wish MusicBee to display them in the Library.
Although I have "Preferences > Library > Include video files" unselected, the video files are still displayed in the MusicBee Library.

Is there are way to prevent this?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What format are the videos?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Dypsis

FLV, MP4, MOV, AVI, MPG

Maybe other formats if I looked more.

Steven

• Administrator
i would expect these files to be added to the Video node. How did you import them into your music library in the first place?
I think the Video node doesnt show by default but can be enabled in the Layout preferences. You can drag the files manually to that node.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
They were probably added by a scan of the folders before the box was unchecked. Select them and right-click to remove them from the library, check back later to see if they come back.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Dypsis

They were probably added by a scan of the folders before the box was unchecked. Select them and right-click to remove them from the library, check back later to see if they come back.
Hmmm!
I just tried that and "Delete" deletes them from my computer. There is no "Remove" option.
Can't I simply remove something from the Library without deleting it?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
MB confirms permanent deletion unless you have changed the setting. I don't include video, so I can't confirm that at the moment. Check Preferences > General > Confirmations and make sure confirm permanent file deletion is checked.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

Dypsis

MB confirms permanent deletion unless you have changed the setting. I don't include video, so I can't confirm that at the moment. Check Preferences > General > Confirmations and make sure confirm permanent file deletion is checked.
But, how do I simply remove (not delete) them from the Library?  ???

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
When you select delete, you are given an option to remove from the library or delete from the computer as well as remove from the library. That is the default behavior.

phred

• Global Moderator
If they are truly in the Library, right click on one of them and you'll get a popup window asking if you want to 'delete from the library only' or 'delete from library and computer.'
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dypsis

If they are truly in the Library, right click on one of them and you'll get a popup window asking if you want to 'delete from the library only' or 'delete from library and computer.'

They would be great if I was offered that option, but I don't get it.
This is the message I get.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Yes, you will need to de-select the folder they are in or that is true they will just reappear.

Preferences > Library > Choose Folders button

Navigate to the sub-folder where the videos are and clear the checkbox next to that folder.

Dypsis

So, I guess the "Include Video Files" option is useless.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Typically not. You'll need to wait for the dev to weigh in. I can't reproduce the behavior you're seeing, I don't have any video files showing up in my library and the only step I've taken is having that checkbox cleared. As has been noted elsewhere, this is a very busy time for him. I'm sure you understand.