Author Topic: Inconsistency of VST Plugins  (Read 5479 times)

wealstarr

Hello,
        I'm leaving this bug report here in hope that it gets looked into provided that the devs get some free time.

The issue was the VST plugins sometimes show and other times don't. And when they don't, you'll have to restart the program to try and load them once again. This is similar to loading the VST's for the first time which causes them to go back to the default settings. Every time you start your PC you'll have to close and re-start the program and configure all the VST's again. A huge mess.

For now, I'm gonna move on to a different program but I'll keep an eye on the updates change log to see if it gets debugged. And if it does, I'll be coming back to Musicbee without wasting a second. The program rocks but the bugs need to be addressed. What's the use of adding new features when the older ones are broken? makes sense I guess.

Thank you for reading. It was nice being here. I hope to join you guys again in future.

hiccup

I just want to say I confirm your findings and that I have also experienced these issues with several vst plugins.
I never made a big point out of it and accepted it since it was not extremely important to me. Also the plugins I would like to use were not working very nicely together with MusicBee from a graphical and/or operational point of view. So that would also have needed some work.
That together would probably make it a rather complicated issue, demanding very much time and effort from the (single) developer. (and me ;-)
And also not many users seem to experience this issue, or perhaps even use vst plugins at all?
It's a pity that after all these years there are still not many capable coders jumping in, creating, or helping to maintain plugins for MusicBee.

Just curious; which vst plugins are so important to you that you are willing to step into a cold and bleak universe where there is no MusicBee?

Steven

• Administrator
actually a few of the forum members have reported this issue after you reported it a while ago so i will look at it in a couple of weeks time. Its occured to me what the issue will probably be

wealstarr

actually a few of the forum members have reported this issue after you reported it a while ago so i will look at it in a couple of weeks time. Its occured to me what the issue will probably be

Awesome, thread bookmarked  8)

or perhaps even use vst plugins at all?
It's a pity that after all these years there are still not many capable coders jumping in, creating, or helping to maintain plugins for MusicBee.

Just curious; which vst plugins are so important to you that you are willing to step into a cold and bleak universe where there is no MusicBee?

You nailed it hiccup. I doubt many general users would have any hand in mastering so they are oblivious to the dynamics VST processing bring to the audio. Indeed, it's such an awesome project, I'm clueless why it's just staff doing all the building part ? All add-ons (Skins, plugins etc) are from the mods here, nothing from the users :(

My library is quite big and almost half of it is field recordings (sublime frequencies stuff) obviously they have lot's of distortion (noise, clipping etc) for that I got to use a restoration suite to make the audio more subtle and enjoyable.

Also, I'm using this for the equalizer http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/ it's the difference of earth and sky in the terms of sound quality compared to the native one (not complaining) and once you get addicted to this kinda dynamics, it's impossible to go back. 

hiccup

Also, I'm using this for the equalizer http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/ it's the difference of earth and sky in the terms of sound quality compared to the native one (not complaining) and once you get addicted to this kinda dynamics, it's impossible to go back.

Thnx, I'll try it out next year. (The Gentleman's Edition of course ;-)

hiccup

All add-ons (Skins, plugins etc) are from the mods here, nothing from the users :(

I don't think that's quite correct, and to avoid misconceptions about this;
There is only one developer/coder for MusicBee (Steven)
There are many, many users that create skins, translations, icons, plug-ins, etc.
Mods are just regular members who at one time volunteered to help in keeping the forum 'clean', mainly removing spam etc. That title and it's 'privileges' have nothing to do with having coding capabilities, having more knowledge, or contribute more to MusicBee than any other members.

I think I was mainly referring to the fact that I feel that most add-ons are in the categories of visuals and functional extensions. Almost none in the audio category.

wealstarr

Thnx, I'll try it out next year. (The Gentleman's Edition of course ;-)

I highly recommend you try out the free version before investing your money into it. If you wanna shell some bucks then there are better ones such as Acon's https://acondigital.com/products/equalize/ and nothing in the world beats the Voxengo's Marvel EQ http://www.voxengo.com/product/marvelgeq/ which is free.

I have purchased Acons but I still use Marvel EQ which is free.

wealstarr

the reported bug should be fixed now:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fxp4xjrz4yur7aj/mb_VST.zip

Yeah I confirm, the bug's sorted. Thank you for the support Steven. Highly appreciated. Though it doesn't seem to read the VST3's only VST2's but it's all cool, let's hope the instrument companies don't dump vst2 for good.

Thanks again.

Edit: has one issue, the changes are being saved but are not reflected unless I close the DSP window and start again. Apart from that works fine.

Found a post that describes it better then I did. And I already read the response. I don't expect it work like a professional DAW. As long as it keeps the settings and loads the plugins, it's fine. Anyway here's the quote:-

Thanks for the VST support!

I can confirm that some VSTs have graphical/interface problems.  I'm trying to use TB Isone VST, but the interface doesn't respond or update with your mouse clicks so you can't really adjust things.
Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:40:41 PM by wealstarr

hiccup

Yeah I confirm, the bug's sorted. Thank you for the support Steven. Highly appreciated. Though it doesn't seem to read the VST3's only VST2's but it's all cool, let's hope the instrument companies don't dump vst2 for good.
Thanks again.

Wanting to try out TDR Nova today, I can't get it showing up in MB's DSP plugins pane.
Can you confirm you have it working just fine now?

wealstarr

Wanting to try out TDR Nova today, I can't get it showing up in MB's DSP plugins pane.
Can you confirm you have it working just fine now?

I sincerely apologize for not getting back to you, I wasn't around. I'm just visiting the forum today after a long absence.

I just saw this now, do you get it to work? I understand the last post is 4 years old, many thing would have changed by now but just in case you're still up for some experiment the get the best out of MusicBee (not that you already don't) I've switched to a new dynamic EQ from Toneboosters. It surpasses the sound quality of FabFilter, DMG and others out there. Initiative interface, simple configuartion and default support for programs/banks/snapshots makes it an idle choice.

If you wish to try it, I can send you the plugin which should work in trial mode. If not please ignore this, I'm still embarrassed at getting back to you after the delay of 4 years.