Author Topic: How to display the TYER tag in a column?  (Read 3408 times)

hiccup

Mp3tag could do it no problem in batches.

Is that an assumption, or do you know it as a fact?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Huh. I was apparently assuming.

I use Mp3tag to copy from one tag to another in the same file fairly often using Actions (format value, see http://help.mp3tag.de/options_format.html). However, when I tried it specifically with TYER, it didn't work. I added an editable field for TYER in the left panel, and any text value I entered went into TXXX/TYER. It would seem that we don't have high enough clearance to fiddle with that specific tag value. Perhaps it's a threat to national security. You can try defining the value of your custom tag as %year% instead and it might give you the results you want, it might not.

As far as I can tell, any software that can edit tags will always define TYER as a four-digit number which will then be referred to as "year" in the interface. I'm starting to get a bit curious regarding what is in your TYER tags that can't be displayed in the year column. At any rate, I thank you for the opportunity to learn something new about ID3 tags and how inflexible they really are.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6