Author Topic: Having all regular tags available without needing the 'custom tags' feature.  (Read 22685 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
The multiple tag splitter is working correctly again, thank you.
But, the entries are still being saved into one TIPL tag entry (refer to second image in previous post).  I know this is technically what the ID3v2.4 standard says, but that's not how they used to be saved.
They were saved as
TIPL  role:name
TIPL  role:name
not as
TIPL  role:name;role:name;

If the tag changes mean they are going to be saved as one tag from now on, can the musicians entries from the Multiple Artist Splitter be saved to TMCL the same way, because currently they are being save as
TMCL  role/instrument
TMCL  artist
TMCL  role/instrument
TMCL  artist
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 05:11:02 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
If the tag changes mean they are going to be saved as one tag from now on, can the musicians entries from the Multiple Artist Splitter be saved to TMCL the same way, because currently they are being save as
TMCL  role/instrument
TMCL  artist
TMCL  role/instrument
TMCL  artist
can you reconfirm that by making a change and saving ie. its not some historical hangover
its intentional both Involved People and Musician Credits are saving to one tag now for Mp3 files so that its as expected as per the documentation

Bee-liever

TMCL  role/instrument
TMCL  artist
TMCL  role/instrument
TMCL  artist
can you reconfirm that by making a change and saving ie. its not some historical hangover
Yes. Was a conflict with custom tag I used to access the old MUSICIANCREDITSLIST tags, so they could be transferred to new MUSICIANCREDITS one.  Both were using TMCL for ID3v2.4

its intentional both Involved People and Musician Credits are saving to one tag now for Mp3 files so that its as expected as per the documentation
now that I can see what's happening with the tags, I can see that both TMCL and TIPL are being saved the same way.
However, TMCL tags get display as artist (role/instrument) with each entry getting a separate line, but TIPL entries are role person role person etc, with no line break between entries.  Could you please put some handling in for this, even if just like it used to be ie. role: person
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:28:51 AM by Bee-liever

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update i have changed the formatting for the displayed Involved Persons List text so each is separated by "; "

i'm a bit confused by your comment about MUSICIANCREDITSLIST if you are using ID3v2.4
if you are using ID3v2.3 and had custom fields for both "Involved People List" and "Musician Credits List", then yes I forgot to mention i changed MB to write to TXXX/MUSICIANCREDITS instead of TXXX/MUSICIANCREDITSLIST so it has better compatibility with other taggers

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:02:54 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

i'm a bit confused by your comment about MUSICIANCREDITSLIST if you are using ID3v2.4
if you are using ID3v2.3 and had custom fields for both "Involved People List" and "Musician Credits List", then yes I forgot to mention i changed MB to write to TXXX/MUSICIANCREDITS instead of TXXX/MUSICIANCREDITSLIST so it has better compatibility with other taggers
But you also changed vorbisComments from MUSICIANCREDITSLIST to MUSICIANCREDITS so I had to create a custom tag INVOLVED MUSICIANS to be able to access my old flac tags and copy them across to the new tag.

Bee-liever

for the next update i have changed the formatting for the displayed Involved Persons List text so each is separated by "; "
Looks good.  Thank you muchly  :D

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Field "type" configuration for the new fields seems a little strange/inconsistent:

If I try to change Original Year to "Date", it reverts back as soon as I save, too.
Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:42:54 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
If I try to change Original Year to "Date", it reverts back as soon as I save, too.
i have corrected the data type for original year. Its also a bug that you could change the data type for the predefined field

Roadrunner

I was wondering why the mp3-tag TOAL (ORIGALBUM in flac) has been introduced in MB as "original TITLE"? Shouldn't it be named as "original ALBUM" for consistency reasons? The tag TALB (ALBUM) is shown - as expected - as well as "ALBUM".

Or at least "original album/title" to reflect the ambiguity in the definition of this field?

Steven

• Administrator
I was wondering why the mp3-tag TOAL (ORIGALBUM in flac) has been introduced in MB as "original TITLE"? Shouldn't it be named as "original ALBUM" for consistency reasons? The tag TALB (ALBUM) is shown - as expected - as well as "ALBUM".

Or at least "original album/title" to reflect the ambiguity in the definition of this field?
I think it was because the ID3 definition was a bit ambiguous and other players i checked were using "original title".

Roadrunner

I think it was because the ID3 definition was a bit ambiguous and other players i checked were using "original title".
I already realized that it is not that clear as the name suggests. Unfortunately I - and when I look back into this thread, all others talking about this tag as well - used it always in the sense of "original album" (useful for example for sampler)...

Any chance to change the name to "original title/album" as you wrote earlier?
these are the final set of custom tags that will be migrated to dedicated tags:
"Language", "Original Artist", "Original Title/Album", "Original Year"

Steven

• Administrator
I already realized that it is not that clear as the name suggests. Unfortunately I - and when I look back into this thread, all others talking about this tag as well - used it always in the sense of "original album" (useful for example for sampler)...

Any chance to change the name to "original title/album" as you wrote earlier?
these are the final set of custom tags that will be migrated to dedicated tags:
"Language", "Original Artist", "Original Title/Album", "Original Year"
i would but it doesnt fit in the english version and i dont want to reduce the text input space more than it is already

hiccup

+1 for 'original album' (if that doesn't break any major functionality)

At least then it is clear that it refers to 'album'. Just 'title' is vague in that respect.
Checking some websites, most seem to refer to 'original album' too. (when shortening 'original album title')