Author Topic: How to make playlists in .PLA format?  (Read 6541 times)

Lecapria

My samsung can only read playlists that are in .PLA format, but it looks like MusicBee makes them in .MBP format. is there something I can do to change this?

EDIT: Im asking because when i right click, and try to send the playlist to the device, nothing happens. and i happened to notice that the playlists in the MusicBee directory were in a different format
Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 09:58:36 PM by Lecapria

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can change the format of synced playlists in your sync settings, but it looks like .pla is not included.  Is the compatibility with the samsung itself or with the specific app you're using?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Lecapria

its a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and im using the default music app. as far as i can tell, it needs .PLA playlists. im trying to move away from winamp, but it looks like winamp is able to do it.

Steven

• Administrator
the .PLA format is only supported for MTP devices and is the default format for MTP device synchronisation
eg. if you are using a virtual device you wont see the format as an option.
You may need to enable MTP mode in the Preferences/ Devices settings panel

Lecapria

the .PLA format is only supported for MTP devices and is the default format for MTP device synchronisation
eg. if you are using a virtual device you wont see the format as an option.
You may need to enable MTP mode in the Preferences/ Devices settings panel
turning on the "scan for MTP devices" was the only way i got MusicBee to even see my phone. its set to save as PLA but, when i right click and send the playlist to the device, nothing happens

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What happens if you choose the playlist in the synchronize settings and sync the device?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Lecapria

the playlist is still not on my device even after syncing

Lecapria

SO it turns out the syncing failed and thats why it didnt make it on there. after retrying and getting a sync completion, it appears the playlists are on my phone now! SOLVED!