Author Topic: trouble with multiple artists / various artists  (Read 2118 times)

gnostikos

Hello,
I'm new to MusicBee and like what I see so far. However, I'm having trouble getting it to "consolidate" as in merge together all of the various disparate artists from say a compilation like '100 Masterpieces of Classical Music' it separates each individual composer/artist even under the 'Album' tag. It does the same thing with other compilations I have such as 'Afghanistan: The Traditional Music of Herat' instead of just merging them all as they have the exact same caseing but seem to continue to be split up by artist is extremely frustrating. It continually repeats this pattern a number of times and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it so it all merges into one no matter how many featuring artists there.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

This section from the faq might help:

Why are tracks from the same album shown separately in my library?

Unless you've made changes to your Sorting & Grouping Preferences, this is probably the result of having inconsistent Album or Album Artist tags. Albums with multiple artists or many featured artists especially tend to have this problem.
First make sure that you're sorting (and grouping, in Album Covers View) by Album and/or Album Artist, not Artist. If that doesn't help, you can fix your tags manually by selecting all tracks from the album, and using the Tag Editor to apply Album and Album Artist values to all of them. Or you can use one of MusicBee's Auto-Tagging options to retrieve standardized tags for the album from a database like MusicBrainz.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)