Author Topic: genre not working the way i would expect  (Read 3189 times)

wobbly

in music explorer if i set to genre

and click a genre say Christmas with 42 albums . i then can see all my  Christmas albums  individual covers ... that is  great

but some so genre say 80's with 5 albums has all the covers on top if each other
 then if i click 80's cover it just take me to  all Various Artists  (of all  genre )

i dont know whats going on .... help

wobbly

wobbly

i also noticed in music explorer if set to artist  with 2 albums  or whatever   you can just click album cover  and see all track by artist   on that album ...

but genre dose not have the same behaviour
if there is a genre   say "Adult Contemporary"   3 albums..  the 3 albums will show on the left side ..  so far so good  

but click any of the 3 albums it just takes you to that  artist page  with out playing  the album  (again any  genre)  .. some thing is not right. iam on 3.0.6172
Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:01:09 AM by wobbly

Steven

• Administrator

wobbly

i did download that still saying 3.0.6172 what  should it be ?
Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:53:22 AM by wobbly

Steven

• Administrator
when you click on a genre in the left filter panel, the main panel should show the artists for that genre and a count of the albums the artist has in that genre. When you click on one of the artists, MB will show all albums by the artist you clicked on - the Music Explorer panel is oriented towards showing info on artists, so its not applying the genre filter at this point.
If the artist is "various artists" then you would see all your compilations

wobbly

wobbly

great thank you so much  i only started to play with Music Explorer a few days ago  if you can change genre   it  would let  me do so much

wobbly

works great thank you 1 small thing is  .. if i click an album the genre list goes  back to the top .. any way to have it  remember where you where in the list ?  (dont move )

wobbly

wobbly

give me a few days and i will put some money your way for all your great work  thank you again

wobbly

donation made not much but hope   it helps :) thanks again

wobbly

one thing i have found  if i click  empty  genre    it shows all albums  again not just empty ones
Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:01:35 AM by wobbly