Author Topic: Synchronization fail, repeatedly, cannot see error message  (Read 2398 times)

MusicIsCrazy159

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 32
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpuhmhr74iuempo/sync-fail-103.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsasypansg7zwtx/sync-fail-105.jpg?dl=0


See attached
SAmsung galaxy S7, 60 g of music to sync.  I've been working on this for 5 hours plus.  PART of issue is USB connection, and MusicBee not seeing device.  That is a separate topic

CURRENT issue is Sync Failing.
I HAVE gotten 95+ % of music sync'ed.  But, here are 28 songs that WILL NOT sync, and theere is a message about Year, Month...., and I CNNOT read the rest of the error, AND in the sync failed window, it has frozen, and cannot highlight over individual failed song to see what the problem is.

AND, also, the SYNC (first image) has frozen at copying the Playlist, will not progress to copy the playlist over

Any help with this is appreciated
thansk
nick

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9383
CURRENT issue is Sync Failing.
I HAVE gotten 95+ % of music sync'ed.  But, here are 28 songs that WILL NOT sync, and theere is a message about Year, Month...., and I CNNOT read the rest of the error, AND in the sync failed window, it has frozen, and cannot highlight over individual failed song to see what the problem is.
Try hovering over the error message, not the song, to see if the complete message pops up.

Also, at the bottom of the 'failed' window, it shows a little more of the error, but still not complete. What are you doing with the year, month, date? Is it a parameter for syncing, or is that data in the tracks you're trying to sync?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MusicIsCrazy159

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 32
the screen was frozen.  No hovering made any difference.  All I was trying to do was synchronize.

I DID go to the two affected music groups; their YEAR in the album was "0000", I changed it to 1970, in whole albums, and that worked.

BUT, PLAYLISTS are still not sync'ing;  I have 10 playlists;  I re-sync'ed;  and it has been sitting for FIVE MINUTES on the one playlist, with no progress, stuck at 87 %.
I can manually export the playlists, but this is discouraging, that the playlists themselves won't sync. (or at least won't sync for me)

ADDDENDUM -  I switched the playlist format from the default of PLA, to an "M3U" file.
Re-sync'ed, and IT WORKED !!!!

that is good, I will see how it all works on the phone
Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 03:04:59 PM by MusicIsCrazy159

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9383
If it is always stopping at 87%, I would try to isolate which track it's getting stuck on. Perhaps it's corrupted.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here