Author Topic: Musicbee not reading the cusom tags  (Read 2747 times)

wealstarr

Hello guys,
               On the previous install, I manipulated one of the custom tags as "Copyright" and added the info to Id3v2 of the music files. On the fresh install, Musicbee doesn't read the custom tags as they don't appear in the search results. When I edit the tags in the main panel, I can see the copyright field in the "Tags 2" category but there's no value to it, just empty.

Any ideas ?

Also, I added a filter in the Library preferences for the same effect to view all the albums that have a certain copyright keyword but I can't figure out how to apply that filter and back.

Can anyone please help a fellow Musicbee user?

Thank you

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Make sure your custom tag is set up the same way you're tagging the files. Something isn't set right.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

wealstarr

Make sure your custom tag is set up the same way you're tagging the files. Something isn't set right.

Thanks for the reaction CritterMan. I just checked and the custom tags are set up alright. "Copyright" in the Musicbee and same in the Audio files.

Steven

• Administrator
try rescanning the files: right click/ send to/ rescan files
i suggest you try it on a small number of files to start with

wealstarr

try rescanning the files: right click/ send to/ rescan files
i suggest you try it on a small number of files to start with

Success!

Thanks a lot bud :)

P.S Shouldn't Musicbee do this by default ? or am I missing something ?