Author Topic: VST Plugins are not being scanned  (Read 3348 times)

wealstarr

Hello,
       I just did a system format and re-installed Musicbee. Copied the VST plugin into the plugin folder and installed the VST plugins in the default directory (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vst Plugins) but for some unknown reason all of the plugins are not being scanned and I can't find then in the DSP plugins. How can I resolve this ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Steven

• Administrator
\Program Files (x86)\ ?
or maybe you have configured the plugin to look somewhere else

wealstarr

Hi Steven

I'm on 32 bit windows so I don't have two program files folders. It's just Program Files. And I did not change the default folder for the scanning. All the VST's are installed in the folder listed in the VST plugins configuration in the Options (C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vst Plugins)

thanks for the reaction :)

wealstarr

Update: I tried re-installing Musicbee and VSt plugins, changed the "to be scanned folder" and every other possible thing I could be think of, still noting :(

My guess is it's the VST plugin that can't scan for some reason. Any ideas ?

redwing

Looks like it's about MB's settings file.
If I run 3.1, then VST plugin doesn't show up like the OP.
If I run 3.0 then it shows up. And then run 3.1, it first shows up but no longer from the next startup of 3.1.

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for looking into it redwing.

@wealstarr, i wont be able to do anything about it probably until the weekend

wealstarr

Okey I'll wait. Thanks for the help guys :P

I'm running version 3_0_Update3 if it matters.

Also, on the previous install, with the same version, it worked fine. The only difference is that I used the program for a while before installing the plugin and imported some Winamp plugins too.

wealstarr

Steven, not trying to force the issue but curious to know of there's any update on this...

Steven

• Administrator
the most obvious thing if you do have the correct path configured is to check you still have bass_vst.dll in the musicbee application folder.
If that is the case then i am prepared to spend a little bit of time to create a debug version

wealstarr

the most obvious thing if you do have the correct path configured is to check you still have bass_vst.dll in the musicbee application folder.
If that is the case then i am prepared to spend a little bit of time to create a debug version

Thanks for the help Steven.

Yeah the bass_vst.dll is present in the installation folder. Moreover the plugins do show up after closing and re-starting the player and will continue to work unless a reboot is initiated. They just don't show up on the first instance after system start-up. This makes the plugins loose all the settings and it's quite painful to close and re-launch the program and do all the settings every time I start the machine.

Steven

• Administrator

Thanks for the help Steven.

Yeah the bass_vst.dll is present in the installation folder. Moreover the plugins do show up after closing and re-starting the player and will continue to work unless a reboot is initiated. They just don't show up on the first instance after system start-up. This makes the plugins loose all the settings and it's quite painful to close and re-launch the program and do all the settings every time I start the machine.
what you initially described as the problem appears to be completely different to what you are saying now.
MB doesnt save the VST plugin settings. You probably want to have the plugins located in a writeable folder. I wont be able to help you any further with this

wealstarr

It's alright.

What I was saying though, in short, they some times show and other times don't.