Author Topic: Column browser bug when the selected item gets removed  (Read 1882 times)

redwing

When a selected item gets removed from column browser, now MB no longer resets the column but the cursor stays at the place where the previous item was located. This is a great improvement. But the selected item in column browser and the tracks displayed in the main panel don't match right after, requiring refresh or selecting another item and return. Here's an example:

I am trying to remove all (CD #) from album name and merge those four albums into one. First look at what happens if I remove (CD 2) from the second album.

Right after that, (CD 1) gets selected in column browser, but the main panel keeps showing the tracks of the previously selected album. Even if you select (CD 1) item in column browser again, it doesn't change. You have to refresh or select another item and then select (CD 1) to change displayed tracks in the main panel.

Now you have merged all three albums and only (CD 4) is left. If you remove (CD 4) from the 4th album name...

The main panel keeps showing only tracks of the previous 4th album. To show the whole merged album, you have to refresh it.

This bug makes tagging work really confusing while working with column browser because often what it looks is not what it actually is.

Steven

• Administrator
i have made improvements to the handling for the next update

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 06:56:13 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I doubt very much its a new bug for v3.2, more likely something thats always been the case but not encountered before.
I have been trying to reproduce it but not able to. If you do see it again and see a pattern then please let me know.
The sort of things that might matter are whether you have other filter panels active, the placement of the column browser (which panel its in), whether the column browser is the last one, the view used in the main panel

redwing

Horizontal column browser with album column as one of selected fields and Album & Tracks view for the main panel.
Maybe a new factor might be I'm filtering to a folder using computer node in left navigator that shows some of inbox tracks.
The bug is always reproducible as described in the first post.

Steven

• Administrator
I still cant reproduce this. I dont want to spend more time on it and will leave it unsolved.