Author Topic: Genre and Genre Category Columns  (Read 1741 times)

NatashaRobison

I really like some of the functions of this program but some things are confusing. Firstly, I can't directly click into the main panel and edit the tags such as genre and genre category. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a glitch. It's not just those tags. It seems like it won't let me directly edit anything. If I right click on the tag I'm trying to edit and then hit edit it just pops open that box that appears in the bottom and then I must find the area I'm editing which I think is kind of a hassle. and Secondly, what my question was really about is that it won't let me put in my own genre category because it won't let me edit directly. For instance I want a song to have the genre of folk rock but I want the genre category to be Folk instead of rock but it always appears as rock on it's own in the genre category. Is there not a way I can edit these things directly because if not then I'm just gonna have to find something else to use.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here is how to edit genre categories:

Ctrl+O > Tags (2) > Group Genres - [Categorize] button > tick the Genre Category radio button

You can edit this list. Let us know if you have any questions.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

fabulario

If you want to edit tags directly in the main panel, go to:

Preferences >Tags (2) > tick the first option.