Author Topic: Cuesheet does not update (single FLAC file)  (Read 4059 times)

BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
I don't know if this is a bug, but every time I have tried to edit the Cuesheet in MusicBee, the file information resets.  So I always have to do it manually by going to the .cue file in windows explorer, make my changes, save, and then re-add the files to MusicBee.

I am trying to edit the Cuesheet of my Beastie Boys album.  Say I change a track title in Edit Cuesheet and hit update - it looks like it update properly.  Once I rescan the files in the library though, the track goes back to it's old name.  In the cuesheet it says "FILE "CDImage.wav" WAVE".  That is not what the .cue file is called.  So I put in "FILE Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill.flac" WAVE".  I hit update and it looks to work.  Hit rescan, all goes back to the old information.

Is this a bug?

redwing

  • Guest
After hitting "Update", try clicking on "Save" button of tag editor too. Does that make any differences?

BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
After hitting "Update", try clicking on "Save" button of tag editor too. Does that make any differences?
Yeah I am hitting save.  The files update, but when I rescan them they reset.  So something strange is going on...


BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33128
some information such as the album artist, album is retrieved from the music file itself, not the cuesheet

BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
some information such as the album artist, album is retrieved from the music file itself, not the cuesheet
All I was trying to change is one track's title.

Anyway, I found a work around for this.  I used the program Mp3tag to edit the cuesheet.  I changed the track's title as well as replaced FILE "CDImage.wav" WAVE with FILE "Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill.flac" WAVE.  I reopened MusicBee and it was tagged properly and the cuesheet updated.  I did a test in MusicBee to change that track's title again.  Once I hit rescan, it changes back.  So either this is a bug or I am not understanding how MusicBee handles cuesheets.

redwing

  • Guest
Do you have the same problem with other cuesheets as well or this is the only one that's not working as expected?

BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
Do you have the same problem with other cuesheets as well or this is the only one that's not working as expected?
I just tested it with another single FLAC album.  This time the changes saved, though I noticed the actual .cue file was updated.  With the Beastie Boys album, the cue file in windows explorer did not get updated no matter how many changes I made inside MusicBee.  I would actually prefer the .cue file not be touched so I have that original information as a backup.  I believe foobar2000 embeds the cuesheet and I thought MusicBee did the same.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?

redwing

  • Guest
I think MB tends to retain a cuesheet information in its db once mapped, even if the cuesheet's changed or even removed.
I already suggested improved handling of such issues: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20280.msg120655#msg120655

Try removing the problem files and cue file together from MB's library, and move them to another folder (to make MB recognize them as new files with their new file URLs), and re-import to MB to see if that makes any differences.

I would actually prefer the .cue file not be touched so I have that original information as a backup.

That would end up creating more problems. I think it should update the existing cue file as it already does. You could create a copy of a cue file before editing.

Sofocl

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 297
I have a lot of albums with CueSheet and I often encounter similar problems, here are my suggestions; http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20307.0
 I think it can solve a lot of problems not only with CueSheet.
Sorry for my bad English.

BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
I think MB tends to retain a cuesheet information in its db once mapped, even if the cuesheet's changed or even removed.
I already suggested improved handling of such issues: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20280.msg120655#msg120655

Try removing the problem files and cue file together from MB's library, and move them to another folder (to make MB recognize them as new files with their new file URLs), and re-import to MB to see if that makes any differences.

I would actually prefer the .cue file not be touched so I have that original information as a backup.

That would end up creating more problems. I think it should update the existing cue file as it already does. You could create a copy of a cue file before editing.
I already fixed the Beastie Boys album by using the program Mp3tag.  Before using it, I deleted the files and added them back into MusicBee; I still couldn't fix the issue with the cuesheet. 

Hopefully Steven takes the suggestions that you and Sofocl made into consideration.

redwing

  • Guest
I deleted the files and added them back into MusicBee; I still couldn't fix the issue with the cuesheet.  

If you had not changed their file location, that wouldn't have made much differences.

BRAINS

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 119
I deleted the files and added them back into MusicBee; I still couldn't fix the issue with the cuesheet.  

If you had not changed their file location, that wouldn't have made much differences.
I did change their file location.  Before I was messing with the cuesheet, I was putting this album and others into organized folders.