Author Topic: playlist of "recently played" is not populating  (Read 3115 times)

MusicIsCrazy159

installed musicbee.  added playlists.
Scanned my music folder to add to librarry.
played couple songs from library

BUT, the RECENTLY PLAYED  auto-playlist is not populating.
the RECENTLY ADDED  did populate

see image, in my dropbox,
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dj4v2x5kmrmo2ae/musicbee-20161124-0831.jpg?dl=0

i right-clicked and checked the playlist properties, it should be coming from music library, past couple weeks, etc, actually the default values.
any assistance appreciated
thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
i right-clicked and checked the playlist properties, it should be coming from music library, past couple weeks, etc, actually the default values.
It's working fine for me.
Make sure the search criteria is set for 'Last Played' 'is in the last' <however many> <hours, days, weeks, months> and uncheck the 'limit to' field (just for this test - you can limit it later after we see if this is working.)

If it still doesn't work, let us know what version you're using (Help > About) and post a screenshot of your auto-playlist properties.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Hmmm ... the screenshot of the properties matches mine. Why mine works and yours doesn't, is a mystery to me. Hopefully someone will have an idea as to what's going on.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

MusicIsCrazy159

thanks for reply

trust me, if it can be broken, I can break it.
this is very frustrating, I have the portable edition, new install, no modifications, (i already ran into the export issue, could not export playlist songs to another device and retain file/folder structure, but we got that resolved after about 20 posts and pure luck with one of the settings)

any help with this issue is appreciated
thanks
nick

MusicIsCrazy159

any other help on this?  stil not working, to populate the "recently played" list.
my program is in
C:\PortableApps_Suite\PortableApps\MusicBee
it is the portable version
fresh default install
music is in d:\NickMusic

thanks

Steven

• Administrator
i suggest you confirm the Last Played value in your music library is what you think it is (add the field to the main panel in Track Details layout or check in the Properties tab of the tag editor).
I certainly cant reproduce any issues

MusicIsCrazy159

steven,
thanks for reply

see
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lf7lzezdpryq4to/AAB_hAUGytALjqQDaLuePb4ia?dl=0
files 20161126-0912, and 20161126-0914

i was playing the song (as I have done with multiple other ones);  then see the RECENTLY PLAYED list; 
nothing shows up
my options are for it to show anything in last two weeks; i never changed the defaults
nick

Steven

• Administrator
what do you think you are showing by linking to a bunch of screenshots you already have made available?
I suggested you confirm the last played date, so i would expect a screenshot showing that the last played date is correctly populated. All you have done is written down some dates that are not valid parseable dates if those are the actual values correctly written down

MusicIsCrazy159

Steven,
thanks for reply, and I apologize for the extra screenshots;  I had them all in my "musicbee-issue" folder, but I had referenced the actual files.
I cleaned out the folder, the only two images are the first screen capture, showing that I was Playing the song;
and then the "recently played" folder, showing that nothing got added.

Again, I apologize, I don't know if I'm missing something, and I can live without the "recently played" list if  I can't get it fixed, but I do appreciat any help that might explain this or that might explain what I'm missing in this.

I've only been working with the program for the last week, and I find it very valuable, I want to replace iTunes, and just clean up all my music, I haven't worked on this for a while, and just got back into doing it

thanks
nick