Author Topic: MusicBee creating duplicate files  (Read 17204 times)

SpeedWeed

Now, i have noticed that when i redo remove tags just for that album MB puts paranoid song out of the folder of the other songs (in windows explorer). Any idea?
I'm assuming you have auto-organise turned on and paranoid song now has different tags to the rest of the album.
check with file editor
So what tags i have to check?

SpeedWeed

Ok i managed to fix it. I just moved paranoid back to its folder and i rescanned my library. Welp in the end i dont even know how i did it. Thanks everybody for your help REALLY! it meant a lot to me. One last question is there a way to export this library? so i dont have to do all this again in my other computer?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This page should help with that: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SpeedWeed

It appears i have one more issue.. Everytime I start MB the song "iron man" is being send to inbox with 2 variables "ironman-blacksabbath" and "ironman_1-no artist". Even though i delete them in inbox each time i startup the program adds them. Anyone knows?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
When they appear: right-click on one, search, locate in windows explorer. That will tell you what is being added be it a file or a cuesheet embedded in a file.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

redwing

for the next v3.1 update, MB will refresh the main panel with the removed cuesheet if you delete an external cuesheet and right click/ Send To/ File Rescan
or you edit the cuesheet in the tag editor and blank it out

Thanks! I just checked the changes but I think it could improve further to be really useful.

(1) embedded cuesheets

As you said, now clearing cuesheet content via tag editor immediately removes the duplicates from the main panel. But the problem is "Edit cuesheet" button shouldn't show up in tag editor in the first place if the file no longer contains embedded cuesheet, but it still does and the user has to clear up no-longer-existing cuesheets from each file (and those files can be a lot depending on the track count). What I'm suggesting is if the user removes cuesheet tag from files first, the main panel should immediately (or with file rescan) refresh and remove all duplicate files from those removed cuesheets. And tag editor shouldn't show "Edit Cuesheet" button for those files because they don't contain cuesheets any more.

(2) external cuesheets

I can see now removing an external cue file and file rescanning for the file immediately removes cuesheet-generated files from the main panel. But if I re-add the cue file to the same folder and run file rescan, MB doesn't recognize it. What's required additionally is folder rescan. But if it can detect a disappearance of a cue file from the same folder with a simple file rescan, shouldn't it be able to detect an addition of the cue file (with the same name as the music file) as well?

SpeedWeed

When they appear: right-click on one, search, locate in windows explorer. That will tell you what is being added be it a file or a cuesheet embedded in a file.
Ok done, but i dont know why that file is being move to a folder called "soundtrack" and disapearing from its original folder. that making it appear on "inbox" instead of library...

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
If it's being moved to a folder, file organization is reading "Soundtrack" from a relevant tag in the file such as the album artist or album tag. When a file appears in the inbox, it means the file hasn't already been added to the library.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

SpeedWeed

If it's being moved to a folder, file organization is reading "Soundtrack" from a relevant tag in the file such as the album artist or album tag. When a file appears in the inbox, it means the file hasn't already been added to the library.

Thanks mate,, in all this process 2 (ironman being one of them) songs had the tags messed up, i already fix them and everything back to normal. Thanks a lot.

Sofocl

I have a lot of albums with CueSheet and I often encounter similar problems, here are my suggestions; http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=20307.0
 I think it can solve a lot of problems not only with CueSheet.
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update, i have added a right click/ Remove Cuesheet command to simplify the task of removing a cuesheet

redwing

for the next v3.1 update, i have added a right click/ Remove Cuesheet command to simplify the task of removing a cuesheet

That's working great as it immediately updates the main panel properly after removing cuesheets.

But still removing cuesheet tags via "remove tags" command under Tools has no effect on the main panel. Hope you consider my previous requests as it doesn't really make sense MB can't update the track info when it itself removes the tag.