Author Topic: MusicBee creating duplicate files  (Read 17205 times)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
The file metadata, stored in the files, is where the problem comes from. You're probably downloading the same files from multiple sites. You'll have to follow the instructions RedWing provided in reply #22 or purchase the music yourself.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

SpeedWeed

S
The file metadata, stored in the files, is where the problem comes from. You're probably downloading the same files from multiple sites. You'll have to follow the instructions RedWing provided in reply #22 or purchase the music yourself.
So i have to spend 30dollars on 2 disc just to put them on music bee?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
You'll have to follow the instructions RedWing provided in reply #22...
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

SpeedWeed

You'll have to follow the instructions RedWing provided in reply #22...

rip i have tried several times  :'(
I am goin to try again. i'll come back if anything happens.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
They worked fine on my end. In this case, you only need to remove cuesheet tags. You may be skipping a step or two, don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand a step.

redwing

@Steven;

Can you improve MB's handling of cuesheets, either internal or external? In this case, after cuesheet tags get removed from files (or external cuesheet file's deleted), users would expect that the main panel immediately (or with file rescan) shows clean files. But currently removal of tags, file rescan, and relaunching of MB have no effect. You have to change those files' URLs to update MB's db.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update, MB will refresh the main panel with the removed cuesheet if you delete an external cuesheet and right click/ Send To/ File Rescan
or you edit the cuesheet in the tag editor and blank it out

SpeedWeed

for the next v3.1 update, MB will refresh the main panel with the removed cuesheet if you delete an external cuesheet and right click/ Send To/ File Rescan
or you edit the cuesheet in the tag editor and blank it out
  So until then i follow the second intructions of Redwing right?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Yep, that's been independently verified.

SpeedWeed

I just tried it again and there's an easier way. You don't have to remove cuesheet from each file with tag editor at all.
It's all about cuesheet tags. But why does MB keep showing them even when those tags are removed? Because MB's database still keeps the record for those files. To fix this, you need to change file URL so that MB recognizes them as new files.

1. Select all files and go to Tools> Tagging Tools> Remove tags.
And select "remove specific tags" and remove all "cuesheet" or "filecuesheet" tags.

2. Remove those files from MB (only from inbox or library not from computer)

3. Exit MB and move those files to a different folder.

4. Open MB and reimport those files and now the cuesheets are gone.

Ok i tried this again this is what happened.
- I slected all the songs an removed the cuesheet tags
-i removed the songs from the library with "delete" button.
-i closed MB
-i mved the folder of the songs to a new folder
-opened MB now i have my whole black sabbath library messed up as some songs are on inbox and the others that are on library are all duplicates.
What i did wrong?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Sounds like you already added them to the library. Try removing the entries from the library or, if they've been deleted from that location already, file rescan.

SpeedWeed

Sounds like you already added them to the library. Try removing the entries from the library or, if they've been deleted from that location already, file rescan.
What do you mean? also i dont know why but the "iron man" song is moved to another artist to a red carpet and its duplicated like 20 times.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I suggest checking the tags on that track specifically, then highlight the entries in your library with issues, right click, send to, file rescan.

SpeedWeed

I suggest checking the tags on that track specifically, then highlight the entries in your library with issues, right click, send to, file rescan.
OMG i dont know how but i am almost there i reimported the files to do the thing you said and now 2 albums work great no duplicates. But the last album "Paranoid" doesnt. the song "paranoid" is being duplicated like 5 times but the other songs work great. Now, i have noticed that when i redo remove tags just for that album MB puts paranoid song out of the folder of the other songs (in windows explorer). Any idea?
Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:07:30 PM by SpeedWeed

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Now, i have noticed that when i redo remove tags just for that album MB puts paranoid song out of the folder of the other songs (in windows explorer). Any idea?
I'm assuming you have auto-organise turned on and paranoid song now has different tags to the rest of the album.
check with file editor
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together