Author Topic: MusicBee creating duplicate files  (Read 17207 times)

SpeedWeed

Open tag editor for one of the file and you will see "Edit Cuesheet" button at the bottom.
Click on it, and select all content in it and remove it, click on Update, and then click on Save button of tag editor.
Do this for all duplicates of track #1 file of each CD. And then relaunch MB.
I dont know what happened. I did all that now instead of 204 songs i have 184. And some of the original names are gone.

redwing

Then select all those tracks, go to Tools> Tagging Tools> Remove tags.
And select "remove specific tags", and see if there's "cuesheet" or "filecuesheet" tag remaining and remove them.

redwing

I have cleared up your uploaded files with the same process, and now it shows 7 files for CD 1, 9 files for CD 2 properly.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It didn't go real smoothly, but after a few tries of deleting the cue sheets both manually and with remove tags, and restarting MB, I got a single copy of each file in the Inbox.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SpeedWeed

Then select all those tracks, go to Tools> Tagging Tools> Remove tags.
And select "remove specific tags", and see if there's "cuesheet" or "filecuesheet" tag remaining and remove them.
Done, but i still have 113 songs repeated. I removed other tags too that werent common but it stayed the same.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A) Try hitting F5 (Refresh)
B) Restart MB

I had to remove the cuesheet from every file, use remove tags, AND do the above.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SpeedWeed

It didn't go real smoothly, but after a few tries of deleting the cue sheets both manually and with remove tags, and restarting MB, I got a single copy of each file in the Inbox.
Have you heard them? beacuse the song name changes too. You could click on NIB but instead Paranoid would be playing. That happened to me right now, i was left with the original song names but all were playing the same sng even if they had different names.

redwing

I just tried it again and there's an easier way. You don't have to remove cuesheet from each file with tag editor at all.
It's all about cuesheet tags. But why does MB keep showing them even when those tags are removed? Because MB's database still keeps the record for those files. To fix this, you need to change file URL so that MB recognizes them as new files.

1. Select all files and go to Tools> Tagging Tools> Remove tags.
And select "remove specific tags" and remove all "cuesheet" or "filecuesheet" tags.

2. Remove those files from MB (only from inbox or library not from computer)

3. Exit MB and move those files to a different folder.

4. Open MB and reimport those files and now the cuesheets are gone.

SpeedWeed

I just tried it again and there's an easier way. You don't have to remove cuesheet from each file with tag editor at all.
It's all about cuesheet tags. But why does MB keep showing them even when those tags are removed? Because MB's database still keeps the record for those files. To fix this, you need to change file URL so that MB recognizes them as new files.

1. Select all files and go to Tools> Tagging Tools> Remove tags.
And select "remove specific tags" and remove all "cuesheet" or "filecuesheet" tags.

2. Remove those files from MB (only from inbox or library not from computer)

3. Exit MB and move those files to a different folder.

4. Open MB and reimport those files and now the cuesheets are gone.

Dude i dont know what the hell happened. ok
1.- I dont have any "filecuesheet" to remove.
2.- I did the steps you said 1 song went out of its album (in windows explorer) i put it back in its album added all the songs again to mb and stayed the same number of songs 161 (now i have more).
3.- I tried to remove tags again and now i dont have any "cuesheet" tag to remove. but i still have 161 repeated songs.
Cant really believe i have been all day doing this..

redwing

Start from scratch with new files following the steps I mentioned.
Or you could just re-rip the CDs without embedding cuesheets.

SpeedWeed

Start from scratch with new files following the steps I mentioned.
Or you could just re-rip the CDs without embedding cuesheets.
  How do i do the second thing? removing the embedding.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Depends on the software you're using to rip the CDs. You can use MB to do that. With the disc in the drive and MB open, press Alt+R. Make sure Rip Tracks As is set to File Per Track.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

SpeedWeed

Depends on the software you're using to rip the CDs. You can use MB to do that. With the disc in the drive and MB open, press Alt+R. Make sure Rip Tracks As is set to File Per Track.
Its not a disc is a .rar archive.  Can i do this with Deamon Tools?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I'm guessing torrent?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

SpeedWeed

I'm guessing torrent?
Actually dont, from some blogs. I even downloaded from different blog pages to see if the files were the problem. But no.