Author Topic: MusicBee creating duplicate files  (Read 17202 times)

SpeedWeed

Hello, please someone help me I dont know what to do anymore. I downloaded 2 new albums of Black Sabbath but when i try to add them to MusicBee the program just duplicates all the songs with the names of the album songs. Ej. there are 15 songs in total within the 2 albums but when i import them to MusicBee there are 113 songs. I dont even know what to do.
 Here is a picture: http://i.imgur.com/YVrtplr.png
Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My guess is you've got a cue sheet in each file.  I think you can remove it via the tag editor
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SpeedWeed

How do i do that? I think i have tried everything removing tags from windows explorer and all that, nothing. I mean i have Metallica albums that have the same format and i have no prblem with it. Now I cant hear Black Sabbath!! Ahhh this was a great program until this ive been all day just trying to import 2 albums into MusicBee

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not an expert on cue sheets, but someone who knows more will hopefully comment.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

SpeedWeed

I am really tired of this. I been all day just trying to hear some Sabbath what the hell! My Metallica tracks have the same format there must be something else i haven't checked but i dont really know what.

SpeedWeed

I'm not an expert on cue sheets, but someone who knows more will hopefully comment.
C'mon man you dont know a dev or someone that could help?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Can you upload the files to a cloud service so we can continue to assist you?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

SpeedWeed

Can you upload the files to a cloud service so we can continue to assist you?
What cloud service?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Dealer's choice. Dropbox tends to work.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The issue is definitely a cue sheet.  I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

SpeedWeed

The issue is definitely a cue sheet.  I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.
So rip black Sabbath on Muiscbee?

redwing

Open tag editor for one of the file and you will see "Edit Cuesheet" button at the bottom.
Click on it, and select all content in it and remove it, click on Update, and then click on Save button of tag editor.
Do this for all duplicates of track #1 file of each CD. And then relaunch MB.

redwing

So rip black Sabbath on Muiscbee?

That won't make this hassle. You must have selected an option to embed cuesheet to each file.