Author Topic: export subset of my music files  (Read 5921 times)

MusicIsCrazy159

C:\Users\user01\Data_CURRENT\DropBox11\Dropbox\z_Nick_Clean-Up\MusicBee

see 1201, 1202, 1204
1201 is my settings
1202 is the virtual device (I could not find "sync preview button?) before sync'ing
1204 is after sync'ing, with the indicated parameters
stlll bare file

redwing

Are you drag-n-dropping files?
How do you execute "synchronize" command?

MusicIsCrazy159

file -> synchronize device MusicTest (menu property)
but also see the PREVIEW   (musicbee dropbox folder, 20161123-1214-sync-preview), I found how to view the devices in the left property bar (but screwed up my top view, I just can't win)

but see screen shot

no, I'm not dragging and dropping, just jsing the menu options.
AND, since I found the DEVICE tab and the PREVIEW, I used that SYNC option, still got same results

keep sending hints, I do want to get this figured out, especially since yours is working.
(I'm going out to the store with my wife, will check thread when I get back)
thanks
NIck

redwing

No idea why it doesn't work for you.
Then try this and show me the screenshot of sync preview image.
Tick "use naming template" option instead and type "Music\" in music files path box just below it.
Does it make differences?

MusicIsCrazy159

started computer one last time before we left, wife got something to eat.
so I saw your reply

and IT WORKED !!!!!!
BIZARRRREEEEEEE !!!

I did one playlist, and it did that one;  then I add copule more, it added them, in appropriate artist folders, matching mine !!

I will test this more later, and do the lists I want.  I will pass back to here if success or not -

Could you pass to author of program that this is a topic that could use clarifiation, because I would never have figured that out !
thanks very much
nick

redwing

Which one was working"?
Ticking "preserve..." option is now working as well?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I know the preserve folders option works with regular syncing as well because I use it that way.  Maybe MB just needed a reboot once the right settings were in place
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MusicIsCrazy159

what worked was the MUSIC\ path that you suggested.  the PRESERVE setting did not work.

I will retry it, but currently it seems like just the MUSIC\ addition as path was the trigger.

ADDENDUIM - see the MusicBee dropbox folder, 20161123-1613, the current settings.
USE NAMING TEMPLATE, and having "MUSIC\" in the music list, was whqat worked.

unchecking that and using the "PRESERVE FOLDERS AND FILENAMES" did NOT work (I just retested it)

I'd like to get mine working like yours, so if you can figure out any other optoins I can try, to get this to work with the "PRESERVE..." function, let me know, I will gladly try them.
but at least we have a workaround
nick
Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 09:16:52 PM by MusicIsCrazy159

redwing

@Steven;

Are there any differences between using preserve option and "MUSIC\" template for MB handling paths of output files?