Author Topic: Setting & managing 'displayed fields' for multiple track view tabs & playlists ?  (Read 1440 times)

alec.tron

Heya,.
I'd love to be able to have the same 'set displayed fields' setting applied to all track-view tabs and playlists (each of them seems to store their own 'set displayed field' layout) - psychoadept tried to explain this in the very beginning when I discovered MusicBee, but re-reading it, I'm still not clear on this.
I tried looking through the forum as well as the twiki without much luck so far.
Is this maybe documented anywhere ?
Or could anyone give pointers how to do this / for a good workflow ?
i.e.
- how to apply the same 'set displayed fields' view to all existing track-view-tabs as well as all playlists in track view ?
- and maybe even how to manage multiple view settings, and load/save them on a by-need basis ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

For anyone else stumped by this, here's an old post that explains how to save & load custom 'set displayed fields' views:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17668.msg105292#msg105292

Careful with applying the saved column view to any playlists though, as it will reset your sorting as well, and the only way to get it back is triggering 'Manual Order' sorting, which in turn is not exposed in your 'set displayed fields'.

c.