Author Topic: MB won't overwrite (replace) artwork  (Read 1787 times)

Beesmyer

I have MB set to embed artwork in file and save as folder.jpg. When I select an album and select "search internet for picture", then select the image i want and save... it will embed the new image to the files but won't replace the folder.jpg. If i delete the image from the folder then it will save it.

I appologize if it's been answered before or if I'm missing something.. I've been searching, changing settings, ran as administrator... etc.. can't figure it out.

redwing

When saving the artwork, make sure having both options ticked if you want to save them to both:

Beesmyer

I use those settings. (and changed/reset those settings) The problem is that it won't overwrite an existing folder.jpg image. If I use those settings above it will always write the image to the music file but the folder.jpg remains unchanged. If i go to the folder in explorer and delete the folder.jpg image. Then search for artwork again and save then it will  create the new folder.jpg image.

Steven

• Administrator
i expect the folder.jpg file is marked as hidden and read-only. MB v3.1 and certainly the last released v3.0 has handling for that and should save the file.
If you are using the latest v3 or v3.1, then it might be the case you need admin rights to delete the file in which case MB would need to be run as an administrator.

Beesmyer

folder.jpg is not marked as hidden or write only. I have re-written properties on all files in my music directory just in case to make sure this is not the case.

I updated to the latest version of MB a few days ago. Patch Release of Nov 24th.

I have ran MB with admin rights.

I still need to manually delete folder.jpg for MB to write a new image. The images in the tags for each music file will be written and updated as expected but the folder.jpg will not be modified or replaced.

I guess it's not a big deal since I really don't have many files that need to be corrected. It's mostly just when adding new music to my library. But would still be nice to figure out what is happening if possible.