Author Topic: CUEsheet synchronization issues blows up storage  (Read 2508 times)

KangNi

1. Synchronization of album wraps with .cue file doesn't work properly:

Problem:
100 MB .mp3 album wrap file with associated .cue sheet defines 10 tracks ...
ends up with 10 times 100 MB .mp3 file for each track!
So synchronization blows up the album to 1GB!

The album wrap file should not become unnecessarily copied to the device more than 1 time!
Would be great if there is an option under "on-the-fly conversation" to "split/convert .cue album warps" - or something like this.

2. Artwork storage option "copy to the same folder as the music file" doesn't work:
Problem:
cover file naming : "cover.jpg"
ends up with a file "cover.alb" in each folder with a size of  0 byte!

MB version 2.5.5542

I hope someone could check this out.

Greetings
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:57:15 PM by KangNi

KangNi

Hello again,

I just would mark the above problem as still persistent in MB v. 3.0.6099.

Would be great if it could become solved somehow.

Greetings
Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:57:00 PM by KangNi

nvercrst

Hi, I just wanted to add that I'm having the same issue when syncing my android phone.

For example, I have the Steeleye Span album "Below the Salt" as a single FLAC + CUE sheet. It loads fine in MusicBee desktop, and all the tracks show up and play properly, (this is AWESOME by the way, coming from MediaMonkey where you need a clunky plugin)

When I sync it to my phone's SD card, it copies the entire FLAC file for each track of the album, resulting in 9 216MB files.

I've tested the playback in RocketPlayer, BlackPlayer, and PowerAmp, with exactly the same results. I'm including screenshots of BlackPlayer, and the files in my filesystem

When I go to play this album, the individual tracks show up, however each track is the entire album, and no matter which I choose, it starts at the beginning.

If I'm doing something wrong please let me know! If this is a bug that gets fixed, of course that would be awesome. In the meantime, are there any workarounds?

I know some android music apps, like PowerAmp support FLAC+CUE files, so is there a way to tell MusicBee to sync the entire FLAC and CUE file together to the same folder?

Steven

• Administrator
this issue should happen if you are not re-encoding the format ie. flac -> flac.
I have put in some handling for that:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip and copy and replace the existing musicbee application files