Author Topic: Empty folder keeps popping up after "Send to" action  (Read 1595 times)

JMuller

MusicBee 3.3.7310, library is on a NAS, accessed through NFS.

Here's what I did:
1. I had an album with the following folder structure:
Album/CD1/
Album/CD2/
2. I used "Send to" > "Move files to organised folder" to move all the tracks into "Album/" along with any remaining non-media files.
3. I notice that the CD1 folder disappeared, however the CD2 folder is still present (and empty). If I remove it, it reappears as soon as MusicBee is focused.
I assume something, somewhere is still pointing to the folder and that's why it keeps reappearing. This happens with all albums I restructured.

phred

• Global Moderator
If it is truly empty, you can remove it via MB's computer node, located in the left sidebar.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

JMuller

phred

• Global Moderator
Just tried it, still reappears instantaneously.
What's the path to that folder? Is it a Windows protected folder? I.e. C:\Users\...
Might it be marked Read Only?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

JMuller

It happens for many other folders that are removed by "send to". They're not protected, all of them are on a remote NAS accessed through NFS. It's clearly not a problem with Windows, if I close MusicBee and remove the folder it works just fine. The folder only reappears when MusicBee is running.

JMuller

This topic can be closed, turns out the problem lies with QNAP. Their thumbnail generation means a hidden folder remains even after the rest of the files are removed, and this hidden folder can't be removed through SMB for some reason. I've opened an ticket with them.

phred

• Global Moderator
So it wasn't an empty folder. It's just that Windows couldn't see the hidden files. Good luck with QNAP.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki