Author Topic: Truncated names like "LBUM ARTI" showing up in tags (known Windows bug)  (Read 28958 times)

SkittScatter

I've been having this strange problem recently. Every now and then, every song in my library that features multiple artists gets the artist tag changed to ISPLAYARTIST. Pic related https://postimg.org/image/z3qfsmt67/[/img]
Is anyone else having this problem?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

What do you find if you open the tag inspector (from within the tag editor) for one of these files?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You need to go one step further.  Use the triangle at the right corner of the tag editor to open the tag inspector.  What artist tags are shown there?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, that's weird.  For good measure, you might check the ID3v2.1 and the APE tags in the tag inspector, too.  At exactly which point is this tag appearing?  What are you doing when that happens?

Since it's in the Display Artist tag, it's less likely to be coming from outside MusicBee, but I can't think of any reason it would be from inside, either.  Do you have the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin installed, by any chance?

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
*facepalm*  ISPLAY ARTIST = DISPLAY ARTIST, minus the D.

Do you ever use Windows Media Player?  I've heard reports of it mucking up tags like this.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suggest disabling it for good measure, then. Here are directions (just don't do the last step): http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/26107/how-to-reinstall-windows-media-player-in-windows-7-to-solve-problems/

What about the plugin, other tags, or circumstances when this happens?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

SkittScatter

All of the other tags stay the same when this happens. The tag change usually happens after I restart my computer. Thank you for link, though!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, let's see if it happens again after you disable WMP.  The good news is that since it's in the display artist field, you can use the tag inspector to quickly delete all occurrences, without messing anything else up.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boroda

The good news is that since it's in the display artist field, you can use the tag inspector to quickly delete all occurrences, without messing anything else up.
psychoadept, tag inspector can't be used for multiple tracks at ones, so its not so easy to fix it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
psychoadept, tag inspector can't be used for multiple tracks at ones, so its not so easy to fix it.

I've used it for multiple tracks plenty of times.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
I've used it for multiple tracks plenty of times.
Yes, I've never had a problem with the Tag Inspector and multiple tracks (from the same album.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

sorry, probably this my info is very outdated. didn't use tag inspector myself for a long time.