Author Topic: Multimedia Keys  (Read 11364 times)

ZacSan

So I have reproduced the issue on my main PC again by installing MMKS onto my PC and restarting several times and the issue persists with MMKS and works fine without the program. I have done several tests but can we now move on somehow?
A patch or a quick fix something other than having to uninstall the program or end task it, because this results in less functionality.
So now that we know the issue and I am able to reproduce this problem several times, could we somehow implement a permanent fix.
Could I possibly attach some sort of report to help you developers to have a look at my system info and create a fix?

Nokiaman

Can confirm. Using SideWinder X4 too. Only MB misbehaves.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Some troubleshooting advice from someone who works in tech support:

Keystrokes are sent to software applications by the operating system. Media keys are standardized, so the data that is sent is always the same. The issue in most cases like this is that the data is being sent somewhere other than where you expect it to be sent. Check your running processes, is there another media player running in the background?

Software to manage keyboards can also trip things up. If removing that software corrects the issue, you should be on a forum for that software asking for support or, better yet, contacting the software developer's sort team directly.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Nokiaman

It's not fault of Mouse and Keyboard Center and there isn't anything running that could use those keys so I'm not sure.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Have you checked the Hotkey settings in MB? Also, how do you know it's not MKC?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

StillOnMB2.4

Signed up to post that CritterMan is correct. Mouse and Keyboard Center has been sending double inputs or none at all. I switched to a Logitech and forgot to remove that software (I was also on the Sidewinder X4). After removing M&K, MusicBee is working perfectly.

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
I'm having the exact same issue now, ever since I installed the latest 3.3.7165 (15th of August) version...
MusicBee is a worthy successor to Winamp.  :D

Steven

• Administrator
I'm having the exact same issue now, ever since I installed the latest 3.3.7165 (15th of August) version...
I very much doubt its related to installing the latest version. What has been reported by others is the Media Controls Overlay plugin makes this happen - its related to a change in a windows update i think and you would need to disable the plugin