Author Topic: MusicBee in the Windows 10 Store  (Read 13288 times)

eko_p

Just discover Musicbee and after years of using winamp I finally move on to this great player  :-*

My only wish that dev would publish it to windows 10 store so Musicbee can receive store auto update feature
I think there's also alot of people who afraid of viruses when installing something new feels alot safer when trying something from windows store
It also open up future improvements such as live tiles from UWP API if the developer choose to use it

phred

• Global Moderator
There was a fake MusicBee available on the MS Store a while ago. Steven had to battle MS to get it removed. I doubt he would publish anything there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

eko_p

Oh I didn't know there's used to be a fake app with the same name

But before project centennial MS store is like apple and android store they're exclusive mobile apps store and if MS kinda give you a hard time I guess it is expected because there is no mobile app version of MusicBee right
I mean for example if you're King the owner of mobile app Candy Crush I think you'll have easier experience reporting fake Candy Crush app

With project centennial now you can publish windows desktop program to windows store and that's why now you can find Kodi, Tweeten etc + lots of windows desktop games in MS store

Oh if I'm not mistaken it's also possible to get crash logs statistics from the MS store which I think can mean alot to dev like you

boroda

actually win store may be very for Steven. but i'm not sure if some paid developer subscription is required for that.

eko_p

With MS publish Windows 10 S I hope you reconsider to publish MusicBee to Windows Store
Even me who using 10 pro locked down my PC from exe installation for security reason after I installed all my program including MusicBee
Locking down your PC to Windows Store only affect exe instalation, already installed program can still run normally and receive update
You can also execute stand alone exe like hjsplit

People with 10 S in their laptop can't install MusicBee because unlike 10 pro they don't have any option to disable the store lock

Ansem

Hi!
I want to suggest you to add musicbee to the windows store :)
I saw that you can add it without make a metro app, but simply public the original MB that everyone here has.
An example like this is filebot, there isn't any difference between the normal one and the one that you download from the store.

It will give you more visibility, and I hope for more donation too!

This is by far the best player I ever tried, and it's a pity that is not the most famous :(

NoahfrmAfrica

The subject says it all, I would really like MusicBee to be added into the windows store. I cant be the only one who thinks this needs to happen just for the ease of use alone.
Africa is a continent with over 1.216 billion people speaking over 3000 native languages and I am one of them.

LogainAblar

• Hi!
I noticed something awesome in the Windows 10 store recently and again a year ago or so on Android that might be useful for MusicBee. The developers of Krita released a paid version of the application in the Windows Store. Krita is free but the $10 pricetag in the Windows 10 store is for those that want to donate in that way as opposed to using Paypal. The developers of PPSSPP did something similar in the Android store for those that wanted to donate that way. I don't have Paypal but would be more than happy to donate if MusicBee was available in the Windows 10 Store or if a MusicBee player was made available through Google Play.

elmar01

There was a fake MusicBee available on the MS Store a while ago. Steven had to battle MS to get it removed. I doubt he would publish anything there.

On the contrary, all the more reason to publish it in the Windows Store as it gives Steven far more leverage to get something removed if an official MusicBee app already has a presence in the store.

Honestly it makes a lot of sense to have Music Bee in the Windows Store as it:

- Increases the discoverability of MusicBee and thus the userbase as people might want a more feature-rich alternative to Groove Music and MusicBee will shoot up to the top rankings very quickly due to MusicBee being a very good high quality application. You can bet that some tech news sites will report this.

- MusicBee's application will be hosted on Microsoft's servers vastly reducing the need for MediaFire and will be automatically updated as new MusicBee versions are published.

- Potential for in-app purchases, other developers have implemented easy donation mechanisms in the form of IAP furthering the revenue for Steven.

- Allows you to hook into various UWP APIs (even from a desktop applications) allowing for things like Live Tiles etc.

- As mentioned above, allows installation on Windows 10 S.

Now I don't claim to intimately know how MusicBee works whether any significant code changes would be required to make it Project Centennial compliant but it seems other developers haven't had too much trouble.
Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:49:23 AM by elmar01

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven...

I just noticed this on Foobar's site (emphasis mine)

2017-07-15
foobar2000 mobile status update

The Windows Phone / Windows Store beta test has been put on hold due to low user count and extra work needed to push betas - slow/buggy toolchain and store website.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
thats their window phone version though isnt it?
What I am doing is packaging MusicBee as a installable desktop application which isnt the same thing. However making MB available for windows store does involve some changes which i am in the process of doing