Author Topic: MusicBee in the Windows 10 Store  (Read 11486 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
thats their window phone version though isnt it?
What I am doing is packaging MusicBee as a installable desktop application which isnt the same thing. However making MB available for windows store does involve some changes which i am in the process of doing
The way I read it was that not only were they having issues with the windows phone version, they were -also- having issues with the "slow/buggy ... store website." Perhaps I'm reading into it too much.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

Steven

• Administrator
Yes it does appear to read that way. Thanks for letting me know

elmar01

@Steven...

I just noticed this on Foobar's site (emphasis mine)

2017-07-15
foobar2000 mobile status update

The Windows Phone / Windows Store beta test has been put on hold due to low user count and extra work needed to push betas - slow/buggy toolchain and store website.

Doesn't seem to be a problem for a lot of developers putting their Centennial apps on the Store:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/458688-big-project-centennial-uwp-apps-list.html (and this list is not exhaustive)

thats their window phone version though isnt it?
What I am doing is packaging MusicBee as a installable desktop application which isnt the same thing. However making MB available for windows store does involve some changes which i am in the process of doing

That is great news Steven!! I would imagine that it requires re-tooling of installing plugins as Centennial apps' application files are sorta hidden in the filesystem.

I will make sure I'll give it a 5 star review as soon as it lands on the Store :) .. I encourage everyone else to do the same so we can quickly get it on the top of the charts.

Steven

• Administrator
what i have done for plugins is provided a way to add a plugin via the Plugins tab, and doing it that way will install the plugin in the AppData\MusicBee\Plugins folder

Nokiaman

Steven

• Administrator
Just for the record, because MusicBee is a standard windows desktop application and not a UWP application it needs a special approval from Microsoft before the installer package can even be submitted to the store. Unfortunately as yet i havent had any response from Microsoft for over 2 weeks now and I doubt it will be ready in time for the final v3.1 release.
If anyone reading this has already been through having a desktop application submitted using the "desktop bridge" process I would be interested to hear your experience

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

https://www.microsoft.com/store/productid/9P4CLT2RJ1RS

Will be giving MB a blazing 5 star review on MS App Store later today.
[EDIT: Done, got in with the first review  :D ]
Can't wait to see what's new in 3.2
Great job Steven  :D
Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:58:22 PM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

moment

finally!
https://www.microsoft.com/store/productid/9P4CLT2RJ1RS

Will it also be available for Win 8 in the future, or you would have to rewrite almost the whole program again, so no?  :'(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you can't get it from the Windows Store on Windows 8, just install the version from the download page here. It's easier to maintain anyway.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

moment

If you can't get it from the Windows Store on Windows 8, just install the version from the download page here. It's easier to maintain anyway.
Yes, but I guess then I am loosing the main functionality that I am searching for which is being able to listen to the audio on my tablet after screen off, which audio metro apps can do in general.

Steven

• Administrator
I dont think Microsoft allows new publications into the windows 8 store anymore and in any case I have no plans to support it.