Author Topic: Memory card synchronization - Support unix relative path in playlists  (Read 2530 times)

xfr

Hi,
I think this is not possible at the moment (version 3.0.6132) to synchronize playlists on an memory card used in an android (thus using unix path) device. The simplest way to be to do this, imho, will be to support unix character (/) specified in "path prefix for tracks" field with "use relative file paths" checked and using the same folder for playlists and music (Music by default).
It doesn't work today because :
- without using relative paths, paths are all prefixed by / and the android device doesn't find the music because the generated path in the playlist is like /Music/Something instead of the real path on the device /sdcard1/Music/Something
- with relative paths checked, the entered path prefix for tracks is then ignored and the default Windows path separator is then used. Exemple : .\Music\Something instead of ./Music/Something

Thanks,

Regards,

xfr

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I haven't had any trouble syncing to Android or using the path prefix setting.  Some folks have had to manually change their sd card path in the program; there's more info on that here and on the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

xfr

Thanks for your response.
I didn't specified that i am synchronizing on sdcard by removing it from the android device. I found a article to change the storage path (http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Manually_Change_Root_Storage_Path_for_External_SD_Card) but it seems to work only when synchronizing on a android device directly not with a extracted/alone sdcard (removed from a device).
Am i wrong?
I'll give a try to synchronize device directly but last time i check, with Windows 7, Windows doesn't recognize my android tab (an acer one). Perhaps, it will work with Windows 10 !?

boroda

xfr, you can set up your sd card as virtual device in mb, then sync this device.