Author Topic: Artwork Management Changes for version 3.1  (Read 12245 times)

Steven

• Administrator
fix with the "Save as organised artwork" command for when the artwork was embedded - the embedded artwork is now actually removed from the music file:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

redwing

How about making Artwork Manager working only for the selected (and filtered) node like Duplicates Manager?
Then it would be much easier to manage artwork for a small group of files like albums just for one artist to quickly check dimensions.
Currently opening this takes a while to read and process all the files in the library which is not necessary in most times.

Steven

• Administrator
How about making Artwork Manager working only for the selected (and filtered) node like Duplicates Manager?
this is done for the next v3.1 update, also including all the tagging tool filters

redwing

Regarding managing artwork in general, I think it would be great if MB could support converting .PNG to .JPG format to save space.
I recently learned MB can do that when linking new image files:
if you put .jpg on the end of the template it will convert to .jpg
eg.
Cover.jpg
will convert png files to jpeg

But I don't see such an option for embedded artwork. Also it's not possible to convert existing .PNG artwork to .JPG.

While googling it, I saw some apps are supporting such a feature:
https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2017/01/31/converting-itunes-album-art-jpeg/

So I think it would be great if there's a setting in preferences to enforce .JPG format for saving (either embedding or linking) artwork and if artwork manger could support a new command "Convert artwork to .JPG" for existing artwork. Then it would help reducing file size as MB now reclaims the freed up space when it's >4K.

The file size only reduces if the saving is >4K.
Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:59:31 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a context menu command to convert to JPEG when right clicking on a picture in the Artwork Manager tool

redwing

Thanks! So it can convert multiple tracks at once only when they have the exactly same PNG image. Can't it convert multiple albums at once with different PNG images?

redwing

Two issues with Album Artwork Manager tool:

1. To be useful, it should show the image for selected files as is, keeping its aspect ratio. Compare it with its actual image on the artwork panel on the right.

2. Its context menu has "Remove" command. I thought it would remove the link to the image file, but it actually deletes the image file from the computer. Can you make it two commands, "Remove the link" and "Delete the image file"?

Steven

• Administrator
i agree with both points and have made a change for the next v3.2 update

redwing

Thanks for the improvement! Working great!

Can you add a hotkey to show this tool so that we could set up either hotkey or a toolbar button for quick access?