Author Topic: Artwork Management Changes for version 3.1  (Read 12242 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Very nice addition, Steven.

I do find one aspect of it that isn't working as -I- expected it to, and am not sure if it's a bug, or the intended behavior.

I select 'non-square artwork' (for example) and edit the album art that is now square. At first I expected it to disappear as the artwork is now square. When it didn't drop off the list, I clicked 'refresh' thinking that would clear it from the list. But it doesn't. The behavior is the same no matter which search options are selected.

I think it would be more useful if the artwork is edited to exceed the criteria searched, then it should disappear. Ideally automatically, but if not, then at least with the refresh.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
And if the edited/corrected artwork is not going to disappear upon being changed, shouldn't the list at least update?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
it should automatically drop off and the properties update. Did you edit and save the artwork using the Tag Editor and does it drop off the list on restart of MB?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you are using "Kind" in the rule then what is happening is MB is using that field for the artwork encoding. I can do something about that but can you confirm thats what you are using

That's probably it.  I could change the rule to use .ext, instead.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
it should automatically drop off and the properties update. Did you edit and save the artwork using the Tag Editor and does it drop off the list on restart of MB?
The properties update, but it doesn't drop off the list. Editing was done with the Tag Editor while in the search results. Are you saying in order for it to drop off the list one has to restart MB? And redo the search? That's rather inconvenient. Couldn't/shouldn't it automatically disappear? Or at least disappear when 'refresh' is clicked. Right now 'refresh' does nothing if the list is already populated.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
it should automatically drop off the list without restart or refresh.
When you say the properties update, do the properties displayed in the main panel update? (not the right sidebar which i would expect to always reflect what the latest state is)

edit:
do you have "don't update file modification time" set in the Tags(1) preferences?

edit2:
thats how i can reproduce the issue. Infact that was something i was planning on looking at next anyway so it should be fixed soon but you should either not use this new functionality until its fixed or enable that option
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:02:24 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
it should automatically drop off the list without restart or refresh.
Doesn't happen to me.

When you say the properties update, do the properties displayed in the main panel update? (not the right sidebar which i would expect to always reflect what the latest state is)
No they don't. Look at the screenshot I posted in reply #16. That's -after- the artwork edit.
a) if it should drop off the list after the edit, you can see that it's still present.
b) if the properties should update after the edit, you can see that they haven't.

And yes, the status bar shows 'x files updated.'
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:11:57 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think you saw my edits.
For the next update, i have put in something that will handle your usage with the Tags(1) option i mentioned as long you edit in the search results
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:06:41 PM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
edit:
do you have "don't update file modification time" set in the Tags(1) preferences?
No, that preference is not enabled.

edit2:
thats how i can reproduce the issue. Infact that was something i was planning on looking at next anyway so it should be fixed soon but you should either not use this new functionality until its fixed or enable that option
Good to hear. I'll probably continue to use it as is until you fix it since there are such a large number of tracks on the list that I can at least get a start on fixing them. It's still better 'broken' than not having the functionality at all.

i dont think you saw my edits.
Correct. I hadn't. That's one reason why I rarely edit posts these days. It's better to just post a 2nd reply.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
That's great Steven. Now working as expected. Thank you.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A few thoughts:

*I think it would make sense to force a tab with one of these filters open to be pinned until the filter is manually closed.  My biggest frustration with the filters is that if I accidentally navigate away, there's no way to get back to the filter except to go through the tools menu and wait for it to generate the list again.

*It would be nice to have "search internet for picture" in the context menu for the artwork filters

*I love the artwork column that shows all the artwork.  It would be nice to be able to delete artwork directly from that column (with warning message).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
*It would be nice to have "search internet for picture" in the context menu for the artwork filters

*I love the artwork column that shows all the artwork.  It would be nice to be able to delete artwork directly from that column (with warning message).
+1 for both of these

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i have added more right click context menu support for the pictures displayed in the Artwork column

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

НКВД

Hello, i would like to suggest following:

Image rotation inside show artwork popup (if more than one cover present).

So inside view artwork popup all available cover art can be scrolled through using mousewheel, keyboard arrows or sweeping.