Author Topic: Artwork Management Changes for version 3.1  (Read 12243 times)

Steven

• Administrator
*easier access to and use of artwork sizes, both dimensions and storage space
I guess you mean showing it in the main panel as a field. I have been looking at this, and i dont think i can implement it without negatively impacting performance vs. how many people would actually use it. What i could do is add it as a field in the files to edit filter for artwork, so that information only shows in that dedicated panel. It would still be slow like the small artwork filter, although i could make some improvements to that so it caches the data so its slow only the first time. I can probably also include this in the new files to edit panel:
*ability to quickly see if all tracks from the same album have the same artwork (not just similar images, but actually the same)

*ability to see all artwork attached to a file in the main panel, or at the very least the number of images (for instance, a small number overlay that could be displayed on the artwork shown)
*some better tool for editing multiple artworks than the current tag editor panel
could you explain some more how you think those might work
Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 04:00:24 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
*easier access to and use of artwork sizes, both dimensions and storage space
I guess you mean showing it in the main panel as a field. I have been looking at this, and i dont think i can implement it without negatively impacting performance vs. how many people would actually use it. What i could do is add it as a field in the files to edit filter for artwork, so that information only shows in that dedicated panel. It would still be slow like the small artwork filter, although i could make some improvements to that so it caches the data so its slow only the first time. I can probably also include this in the new files to edit panel:
*ability to quickly see if all tracks from the same album have the same artwork (not just similar images, but actually the same)

I'm open to other ideas, but that sounds reasonable.

*ability to see all artwork attached to a file in the main panel, or at the very least the number of images (for instance, a small number overlay that could be displayed on the artwork shown)
could you explain some more how you think those might work

Obviously the main panel thing would depend on the view.  It wouldn't be possible to do in the main panel in Tracks view, but maybe the artwork panel could show how many artwork files are attached to selected tracks (I'd think just for a single album at a time or it would be too hard to calculate).  Then you could click on the number to open something like a tag inspector for artwork, a window similar to the Google search window that showed all the different artwork in a grid and would allow it to be deleted or attached to all files, etc.

In Artwork view, I think there's already been a suggestion for showing all the artwork for an album across the top of the expanded panel. I think you could still find a way to incorporate the artwork tag inspector as above.

In Album & Tracks view, maybe the artwork in the main panel could work like tracks view, but if info is displayed to the right of the artwork, then there would be an arrow or something you could press to show all the artwork for that album down the left side of the panel.

*some better tool for editing multiple artworks than the current tag editor panel

This would be the "artwork tag inspector".  I figure artwork would be shown in a grid, rather than a column, ideally with file info on each piece visible, too.  You could delete an image or add it to all tracks the same way as tags in the tag inspector, and reorder them however you wanted.  I think this should come up automatically when you paste artwork onto a track or tracks with multiple images, so that you can decide whether to replace an existing image or add a new one (maybe you could optionally disable that, if you didn't care about multiple artworks).

That's just what I'm thinking off the top of my head.  I don't have the how set in stone.
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:26:13 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
In Artwork view, I think there's already been a suggestion for showing all the artwork for an album across the top of the expanded panel.
Whew! Took me ages to find it.
Buried way back in May, 2014   :o
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12934.msg77993#msg77993
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In Artwork view, I think there's already been a suggestion for showing all the artwork for an album across the top of the expanded panel.
Whew! Took me ages to find it.
Buried way back in May, 2014   :o
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12934.msg77993#msg77993

Thanks!  I thought it was your suggestion, but I didn't have the patience to go looking.

Further thoughts I've had for the "Artwork Tag Inspector": maybe the user could have some control over the size of thumbnails shown (similar to Album Art Downloader - I'll get a gif soon).  Also, with multiple artwork shown in Album & Tracks or Artwork view, the context menu could include commands like "Delete from Album" and "Attach to Whole Album" or something to that effect.  Just an extension of what's possible now, with some obvious artwork commands in the context menu and the full set of tools in the artwork editing window.

Oh, a similar tool that would let us see and select multiple images for download would be icing on the cake... But not nearly as high a priority, imo.
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:40:59 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I have split this from the 3.1 topic so as not to clutter it.

I have adjusted the current small artwork files to edit filter so it now has the primary picture dimensions, encoding and file size, and the number of pictures for the file displayed in the main panel.
The filter also shows files in an album with artwork thats inconsistent with other files in the same album.
So the filter is now "Small and Inconsistent Artwork". It should be ready tomorrow or the day after once i have adjusted the UI.
Its actually been quite surprising and useful to me to see all the album files in my collection that have inconsistent artwork

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Awesome!  I can't wait to try it out.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Iasc

Will you are on artwork for 3.1 would it be possible to look at the artwork storage concepts discussed in this thread?

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9659

Steven

• Administrator
This has most of the new artwork filter functionality done. I still plan to add a couple of context menu items to convert PNG to JPEG or resize the arwork
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

the menus Tools menu now has a separate Artwork menu, so its
Tools/ Artwork/ Show Files with Inconsistent or Small Artwork

As mentioned above, the first time will still be slow to load, but after that it should be much faster.

Note the "inconsistent album artwork" filter is only checking the primary artwork for each file in an album and the artwork count per file. I felt it would complicate the GUI too much to also do a comparison of the secondary artwork pictures

Bee-liever

Looks good
I didn't know I still had all those embedded artwork left.  I thought I had deleted them all ages ago!

I think it is having a problem with artwork in ASX duplicate files though:
Code
MusicBee v3.1.6156.38728 (Win10.0), 9 Nov 2016 15:58:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Rectangle rect)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qOJ9l1Op3BpgoLUNnSTM43lz4ZiuDq26q$JUPQHZT0xc=.#=qda4$dmsVv9YCfrjBx7FBZniroJvAWlUF16fGgGrUxAw=.#=qVH0N4QgYfEXuZ1TdcYY8IA==._Lambda$__0(Graphics #=qgNfCFb9t52U6daZxNj1kfg==)
   at #=qfDoFO__y1MIetOj6Z0STuQ==.#=qkRDqXj3_lCKEN47oG0zrkA==.#=qU_qy6Q8p5Q4cEAF2uMYSDw==(#=qadkLRawVbkouLxpNZxZHmGLq2lv3j_yFhHJi6khEIbU= #=qMrsthX7mx4euof4Rsc1aWA==)
   at #=qfDoFO__y1MIetOj6Z0STuQ==.#=qvEUcLK3KVPqrMxWlKQKHwp0XLW0sLAHi_OmxISMn8HU=.#=q9DGj$vXBA4_dWJPZttamrA==(#=qadkLRawVbkouLxpNZxZHmGLq2lv3j_yFhHJi6khEIbU= #=qPXO6bOILX8Cwz_xv46FNdg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qOJ9l1Op3BpgoLUNnSTM43lz4ZiuDq26q$JUPQHZT0xc=.#=qda4$dmsVv9YCfrjBx7FBZniroJvAWlUF16fGgGrUxAw=.#=qxGnoH9$6hOWtRSN8Y4h4qA==(#=qs_43HGjZVFfyCH8ZhKF0myc5VC2wkZ83sjjGOiPAz$0=[] #=qGNFbyrPlxpoqt0OHJEgKLg==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qOJ9l1Op3BpgoLUNnSTM43lz4ZiuDq26q$JUPQHZT0xc=.#=q9K7Kh3xmJgnKfOGS6LATemGrQn41CRv3UbVwO6FQkhc=(Object #=q81I1zJuZ2wCiQNisizSPKw==, #=qgUWuQ0Srt_Mn_Vg$81ZBabqfhaqrudTb6UB6frFR_SX4cubs8R6tWEkOlob5kCuLTPIgpH2WlhE9zaMikh_R_A== #=qMF0gLv8OFqd67xIoiIFHEw==)
   at #=ql1Mc3YfCdOu3P2CCFrTqZwrkHIXHz1ZKAAZRT8hx_l8=.#=qXLtPBqkp7D569dBbvFQYtrrxY9uOYBgfvwQNjXIJTu8=(#=qgUWuQ0Srt_Mn_Vg$81ZBabqfhaqrudTb6UB6frFR_SX4cubs8R6tWEkOlob5kCuLTPIgpH2WlhE9zaMikh_R_A== #=qhpw4ur0cvYHzJi5qLajU4Q==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qp08s$hWv8rsDsu0ZlOvb6Ve9PDKdtNwnDKHDcDZDf_g=.#=qXLtPBqkp7D569dBbvFQYtrrxY9uOYBgfvwQNjXIJTu8=(#=qgUWuQ0Srt_Mn_Vg$81ZBabqfhaqrudTb6UB6frFR_SX4cubs8R6tWEkOlob5kCuLTPIgpH2WlhE9zaMikh_R_A== #=qgbsAP$42tIN7oB2KWgb_5w==)
   at #=ql1Mc3YfCdOu3P2CCFrTqZwrkHIXHz1ZKAAZRT8hx_l8=.#=qis6htLGCtG_wBWcLQ7vM5A==.#=qCmIuKXsLJbIdA$dyvEUKa58wYkULSxgBGrJS2eZSyZ4=(Int32 #=qvNi_9dwd5sMjuVLsIniHTw==, Boolean #=q5XnHmdFBJqYwUjIzb$wLcw==, Boolean #=qkLEX77ndf_cgBLbtqMZWpvwnMC4hwTQ7JTTX_UwEHRQ=)
   at #=ql1Mc3YfCdOu3P2CCFrTqZwrkHIXHz1ZKAAZRT8hx_l8=.#=qis6htLGCtG_wBWcLQ7vM5A==.#=qzS_BUDFu1O9IH8VTFbfbSFxo57Ibw990yikSG$TjSO92y3p8V6EwaDqx67c80TTc(Int32 #=qvQC8TtbAJOdInybd8KEdHA==, Keys #=qHpveC_s6w6RA3o6GcO8p9w==)
   at #=ql1Mc3YfCdOu3P2CCFrTqZwrkHIXHz1ZKAAZRT8hx_l8=.#=qis6htLGCtG_wBWcLQ7vM5A==.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=qMhR3$VLL29L1FZKl1s$ptw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=qpUhUc7FtcLPqFe6_evpahnOFiIyzJm_75nJaNpsg3ok=.WndProc(Message& #=qtOYvPY0HsCzCU4RIeNLPXA==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
I think it is having a problem with artwork in ASX duplicate files though:
i updated the code after i initially posted this and you might have an earlier version so redownload it.

Bee-liever

you might have an earlier version so redownload it.
yep. updated to 3.1.6156.40889 and no problem with ASX files or corrupted artwork
as it's an early version, I assume jumping back to top of list after each edit will be fixed later.
just mentioning it now so nobody else picks up on it

redwing

The size column shows file size rather than picture size for some files (mp3).

Also can you support sorting by each column? Maybe there's a way to sort, keeping tracks grouped by album, like sorting based on the largest value of tracks in each album.

Steven

• Administrator
The size column shows file size rather than picture size for some files (mp3).
thats fixed for the next update.

as it's an early version, I assume jumping back to top of list after each edit will be fixed later.
just mentioning it now so nobody else picks up on it
thats addressed for the next update
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:17:59 PM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I haven't been able to test extensively yet, but the first thing I noticed was that all the files shown in the inconsistent artwork filter used the highlighting color I assigned for non-mp3 tracks (and yes, they are mp3s).  Some of them retained that color outside of the filter, too.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I haven't been able to test extensively yet, but the first thing I noticed was that all the files shown in the inconsistent artwork filter used the highlighting color I assigned for non-mp3 tracks (and yes, they are mp3s).  Some of them retained that color outside of the filter, too.
If you are using "Kind" in the rule then what is happening is MB is using that field for the artwork encoding. I can do something about that but can you confirm thats what you are using