Author Topic: Removing Empty Folders  (Read 2001 times)

josephzitt

When I drag a folder from the Windows Explorer to move the contents to MusicBee, it does so, and *usually* removes the folder from the source location, as it should.

However, if the art is in a folder within the current one on the source, while the art folder is emptied out and recreated in the target location, the emptied art folder, and thus the otherwise-empty source folder remains, and has to be removed manually.

Could you make MusicBee consistently remove emptied folders from sources that have been moved, including now-empty subfolders? It's probably a small tweak, but I've now encountered the issue hundreds of times.

Thanks

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Do you have "also move remaining non-media files" checked under your organization settings?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

josephzitt

Do you have "also move remaining non-media files" checked under your organization settings?
Yes, I do. MusicBee does move those files and recreate the folders, as expected, but it leaves the empty folder in the old location, and thus does not remove the source folder, differing from what it does when the source folder has no folders remaining in it.

boroda

i.e. no recursive deletion if down-level folder had non-media files?

josephzitt

Right. It moves the files but leaves the now-empty folders.

boroda

Steven, i've reorganized my library today and i can confirm this odd behavior.