Author Topic: Splash Screen?  (Read 5518 times)

joejoe

The skins available for MusicBee are exceptional ( well done and thanks to anyone who has made the effort to create one ::)  ) but i was curious about how people feel about splash screens. They never seem to be mentioned which to me seems crazy to me because some of the ones i have seen are amazing. Do most user disable them? Is it worth while for the person making the skin to go to the effort to create one? Do you have a favorite?

Steven

• Administrator
i see a lot of people's settings files that they send to me for debugging reasons, and i would say at least 50% have the splash screen enabled

phred

• Global Moderator
Given the option, I disable splash screens for every piece of software that I use. The one exception is MB because I really like what the skin creators have done with them.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Twlf

I like to see a nice splash screen, especially when it matches the design and spirit of the skin itself (the simple black&white splash on the very minimal The Void) but given how quickly MB loads, even on an older PC with gigantic library, I don't get to see much of it before MB takes over.  :)

Chaython

I disable the splash, it launches instantly, the splash screen will actually cause a hang for me.
The latest MusicBee patches.

joejoe

HaSte

Not into splash screen.

Without splash screen, it feels more modern and minimal to me. Which are qualities I enjoy.