Author Topic: Player Controls Panel - custom layout ? Random Fwd & History Backwards  (Read 3458 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I would love to customize the Player Controls Panel with an additional buttons, which I have setup & gotten used to in foobar.

So the 2 & a half questions:
- is it possible to add buttons / custom Player Controls Panel layout (i.e. additional buttons)

and to add/change button functionality:
 - I'd like to have an additional 'Random Fwd' button that jumps to a random track within the current list content ? (i.e. as is, I need to switch to shuffle play order, then Fwd/skip, then switch off shuffle again so it continues playing in order)

and:
- is there a way to have the main window/list automatically jump to what is playing ? as is, the only option I have found is to map a hotkey to 'GoTo Playing TRack At Source' which I would like to throw away, and instead have it set to 'Follow playback' like [foobar] functionality and switch this on and off instead through a hotkey...

Any pointers here would be grand.
Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:58:47 AM by alec.tron

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
- is it possible to add buttons / custom Player Controls Panel layout (i.e. additional buttons)
you can add buttons to the toolbar but not to the player controls bar

- I'd like to have an additional 'Random Fwd' button that jumps to a random track within the current list content ? (i.e. as is, I need to switch to shuffle play order, then Fwd/skip, then switch off shuffle again so it continues playing in order)
you can link an icon to the hotkey Playback:Play Random Track and display it in the toolbar

- is there a way to have the main window/list automatically jump to what is playing ? as is, the only option I have found is to map a hotkey to 'GoTo Playing TRack At Source' which I would like to throw away, and instead have it set to 'Follow playback' like [foobar] functionality and switch this on and off instead through a hotkey...
Preferences> Now Playing> playback> highlight playing track in the main panel
this only works with the 'select track' option, not the 'color text' one
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

alec.tron

Thanks for the input!

Preferences> Now Playing> playback> highlight playing track in the main panel
this only works with the 'select track' option, not the 'color text' one
This works (although a bit odd that if it jumps 'up', the selected track/cursor is at the upper end of the screen/list, and at the very bottom if it jumps to a track below...).
Thanks!

Here I am not sure what you mean...
What is the 'Toolbar' ? I can not see a panel named as such where to look at for this functionality...?
Churs.
c.

phred

• Global Moderator
Here I am not sure what you mean...
What is the 'Toolbar' ? I can not see a panel named as such where to look at for this functionality...?
Churs.
c.
In Panel Settings it's called 'Command Buttons' and you can opt to show all buttons in the tab bar or in a separate bar. And you can consolidate all the buttons into one icon if you wish. Right-click on the bar and click 'configure toolbar.'

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

alec.tron

In Panel Settings it's called 'Command Buttons' and you can opt to show all buttons in the tab bar or in a separate bar. And you can consolidate all the buttons into one icon if you wish. Right-click on the bar and click 'configure toolbar.'
Heh, something new every day (I didn't know existed) with MusicBee.
Thanks for the screenshots & pointers!

One oddity though - I had this in the first post, but couldn't replicate it, so I removed that point again when posting the thread... now I think I know what it's due...
So the main Player Controls Panel 'backwards' button seems to change behaviour, depending on shuffle settings - is that intended ?
i.e.
IF main player shuffles, the  Player Controls Panel backwards button / arrow will jump to the previously played track.
IF the main player is set to "Shuffle Off" though, the same button acts as a 'go to the file before the currently playing file in the list' button.
So if I switch on shuffle, jump through a few tracks, then switch it off again (or use Playback:Play Random Track) and then hit the 'backwards' button - it will not jump back to the last played tracks, but go back up the track list reverse order relative to the last played track, playing whatever is in list before the current playing track, but not the tracks that were actually played before...

I would want 'backwards' in Player Controls Panel to always be history relative - is there any way to change that behaviour ?

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:45:57 AM by alec.tron